Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Me again !
I got a question to those that have swap their auto tranny to manual, what chip did you use to adjust the spedometer and idling problem. Heard that if you dont buy a chip the car will idle badly.

I have a 2000 GT, and have the chance to buy a diablo chip from an other guy that has a 2000GT too. The only difference is that his GT has a manual transmission and mine is automatic. If i buy his diablochip i will only use it when the swap done to manual. (so basically both car would have the same setup). Well, they would have the same setup except that my computer would still have the code for the auto tranny.

Do you guys think that by buying his chip, i will resolve the idling problem that occur when swapping from auto to manual ? Would this correct my speedometer too ?

Oups, forgot to say that my car has a 4.10gear in the back, and the other guy have the stock 3.27 But i have allready bought a speedCal to solve this.

Both car will be the same, except one has manual code in the computer, and mine has the automatic tranny code in it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
287 Posts
If you have someone near you to reprogram it that is great. From what you said above, the curent flash on it is useless to you.

I have a Diablo 4-bank chip for mine that a local dyno-tuner flashed with the correct parameters for me.

I mentioned the Ford Chip guys because I know a lot of people that have done the swap just get their chip.

I realised you are trying to save some money on the swap. I wasted a lot of money before I just got the chip and everything worked. I am just trying to help you avoid the major frustration I had.

·
Registered
287 Posts
BTW, if I were to do it all again...

I would have just traded my car for a '98 Cobra 5-speed. The swap is not worth the money or the time on a 2k GT.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Does anybody know of cheaper alternative than Fordchip? $250 is alot to just delete a few functions and fix the speedo. I'm in VA...does anybody know of a tuner that could do it for me?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts