Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna be taking my Cobra out to the track this friday...Any and all advice is appreicated...

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
When I go to the track I usaully ditch the back seat and take out the spare and jack at the track. I bought A $9.99 air compressor from Walmart that runs off of my power point so I can mess with my air pressure in my tires. Oh don't forget to check out all the cool rides! Good luck.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Like it was said earlier in this post take your spare and jack out, then maybe watch for a few minutes to see how things run at the track, when going to the water box drive around teh water then barely back into the water and do a little burnout to clean your tires off and heat em up. Then head for teh starting line when you see the frist set of lights come on slowly ease up until the second set comes on, now get ready the lights will start to come down on the last yellow nail it the hold on for a 1/4 mile:cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
98N2OGT said:
Like it was said earlier in this post take your spare and jack out, then maybe watch for a few minutes to see how things run at the track, when going to the water box drive around teh water then barely back into the water and do a little burnout to clean your tires off and heat em up. Then head for teh starting line when you see the frist set of lights come on slowly ease up until the second set comes on, now get ready the lights will start to come down on the last yellow nail it the hold on for a 1/4 mile:cool:

:D What he said

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any projected times???

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
With street tires anything in the 13 would be a good #. But, if it is your first time at the track don't be upset if you don't get a good # they come with time and experiance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts