Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so seeing u guys runing your cars got me to take mine to the track. here is the combo

stock bottem end
210cc heads
b cam
ported pro products upper/lower
42inj
pmas pro tube
8lbs
ponydown 70mm kit

c4 3500 stall
3:73 gear.

took it to the track tonight and made 4 passes. Im not sure what the car weights in at. 19* timing and 8lbs the the best pass was 7.70 at 93.84 mph. I have no T-break. im foot breaking it at 2000 and then matting it off the line. my 60ft was 1.866. is that where im losing most of my time? I really thought the car would do better than that. here is a video of it at the track. this was the fastest of all 4. even thought it stayed in the 7.70 range all 4 runs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmdzzyLBRNo

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
MPH seems low. What kind of power does it make? Engine combo seems mismatched. You tuned it I assume? What heads are they?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I tuned it using moates quarterhorse. they are big heads for the engine prolly. there tri state vic.jr. knock off's. i bought them bare and added good components to them. i know my cam is to small, could gain greatly from an f cam. I see people running faster than me on less boost and on stock long block's. im going to have some one look over my tune for me. these were the first runs ever. I was nervous the whole time. on all 4 runs i never shifted high enough, my light was set on 5600 and according to my datalog's i was shifting at 5000 to 5200.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Turbocar, take that thing to Pete at HED and get it tuned.. im running 22 degrees with iron heads on pumpgas..Pete said he would add more timing if i was running good Aluminum heads.. My 1.85 60 foot on radials went 7.25 at 101...You have the parts to do it with out changing anything..

Like i said Take it to HED and get him to tune it and add more boost, IT WILL RUN THEN..

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Turbocar, take that thing to Pete at HED and get it tuned.. im running 22 degrees with iron heads on pumpgas..Pete said he would add more timing if i was running good Aluminum heads.. My 1.85 60 foot on radials went 7.25 at 101...You have the parts to do it with out changing anything..

Like i said Take it to HED and get him to tune it and add more boost, IT WILL RUN THEN..
I have no dought that kevin and pete can do it, but it sucks that they can't do it with the tuning softwear that i have. Il never have the money even if i sell the motes stuff i have now. Im thinking about taking it to them and running it on the dyno to see what it actually makes hp wise. I live close to kevin, I will talk to him and see what i can do.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I see a good bit more timing left in it and the wrong gears. Both will pick up MPH and ET will follow
I agree. today I upped it to 10lbs and put it on 22*. I want to go back next friday and due some more t-n-t with it and see how it dose. I just thought it would go alittle faster than that on 8lbs. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I am currently looking to finish the front end by doing a Strange coilover swap. I installed Mach I springs and cut them in the front to sit the car down, this would not allow the front end too rise and transfer. Hopefully the coil over will help with this.

Just some thoughts for your next outing.
1. Dont spin in the waterbox. Drive through it and do the burnout about 1-3 feet from the water then roll forward.

2. Write down on your time slips the air pressure and launch RPM. Also write down shock settings if they are adjustable.

3. Dont be hesitant to lower your tire pressure. This was my biggest problem
(I went from 14lbs - 13 and it was like a totally different car)
You will be able to tell by the sound the tires make when they wrinkle and grab! Usually this will cause the car swaying at the other end.

Hope these help!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am currently looking to finish the front end by doing a Strange coilover swap. I installed Mach I springs and cut them in the front to sit the car down, this would not allow the front end too rise and transfer. Hopefully the coil over will help with this.

Just some thoughts for your next outing.
1. Dont spin in the waterbox. Drive through it and do the burnout about 1-3 feet from the water then roll forward.

2. Write down on your time slips the air pressure and launch RPM. Also write down shock settings if they are adjustable.

3. Dont be hesitant to lower your tire pressure. This was my biggest problem
(I went from 14lbs - 13 and it was like a totally different car)
You will be able to tell by the sound the tires make when they wrinkle and grab! Usually this will cause the car swaying at the other end.

Hope these help!

I will try the different burnout. I did wait long enough till i heard them grip then i rolled out of it. Again i have no issue with it not hooking. M/T were at 11.5 psi each run. I set them to that everytime right before i started the run. I started from 12.5. I am going to find a set of 3:27's or 3:55's if i can in the next few weeks. shocks are non adj. I have qa1 k member kit with street strip coil springs.

It sucks when stock long block cars are running faster with less boost.:pain: I know getting out of the hole is my biggest issue. the car pulls hard on the big end. the back housing on my turbo is big. 1.05 A/R. I know thats to big, i know that now. it takes for ever for that thing to spool after the converter flashes. One step for sure is im going to find a smaller back housing, then the gear swap. I am pretty sure that should help.

·
Registered
452 Posts
It sucks when stock long block cars are running faster with less boost.:pain: I know getting out of the hole is my biggest issue. the car pulls hard on the big end. the back housing on my turbo is big. 1.05 A/R. I know thats to big, i know that now. it takes for ever for that thing to spool after the converter flashes. One step for sure is im going to find a smaller back housing, then the gear swap. I am pretty sure that should help.[/QUOTE]

invest in a msd 2 step it will help spool on the line. no reason you shouldn't be able to cut a 1.65 60' or better

Also are using your stock tach when u shift?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It sucks when stock long block cars are running faster with less boost.:pain: I know getting out of the hole is my biggest issue. the car pulls hard on the big end. the back housing on my turbo is big. 1.05 A/R. I know thats to big, i know that now. it takes for ever for that thing to spool after the converter flashes. One step for sure is im going to find a smaller back housing, then the gear swap. I am pretty sure that should help.

invest in a msd 2 step it will help spool on the line. no reason you shouldn't be able to cut a 1.65 60' or better[/QUOTE]

I will. this may sound stupid, I am running msd 6al, i know that i can plug it right in. How dose that work with my converter? do i just pill the 2 step under the stall?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts