Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Track results 06/19/09 w/video

Ok...i went to the track last night...i was having a problem hooking up the last time i was out...i was given several recommendations on what i should do before i make any adjustments to the suspension...

I installed a line lock, battery relocation, and a be cool radiator (other rad was bad)...

The line lock worked GREAT!!!! The brakes held me perfect, did a nice 2nd gear burnout, and the car hooked nice...

I also had my struts set a 2 (soft) and rears at 4....i later changed the rear shocks to 5 and worked better...

Here are my 3 runs of the night...i wasnt gonna run any better so i stopped after 3 runs...all runs were 5k launches

1st pass-8:02pm

60ft 1.753
1/8 8.453 @ 80.533 mph
1/4 13.299 @ 101.044 mph

2nd pass-8:15pm

60ft 1.731
1/8 8.461 @ 80.391 mph
1/4 13.32 @ 101.009 mph

3rd pass-8:56pm

60ft 1.726
1/8 8.446 @ 80.035 mph
1/4 13.318 @ 100.721 mph

Am i losing top end according to these runs? I know the humidity was around 60% and temperature around 90 degrees...but shouldnt i be a little faster on the top end? The announcer thought that i was going to be a 12 second pass according the the 1/8 but of course i didnt...it ran 13s...i feel i need more top end...

The car spun a little on the 1st pass which surprisingly was my best run...but i trailered the car so the motor could be nice and cold...that could be why...i lowered the air pressure on the second run and added some vht and it bogged slightly....3rd pass i launched what i feel was perfectly but it was a hot and humid night so who knows...BUT i do feel i am lacking some top end...

any recommendations on my top end? Does my 1/8 et match my 1/4?

Here is the video of the runs...please comment and critique!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u8kwlw-Zwk

·
Registered
669 Posts
Had to look twice, looks alot like my car.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Your 1/8th mile looks good for the 1/4 mile you are turning and vice versa, as I've ran very similar if not identical times 2 years ago before lightening up my car. You will gain et and mph when the cool fall air comes around as well as that 12 second timeslip. Work on those 60' times as you've made some modifications since your last outing when you got that 1.64 60' but you ran well for running in near 100* weather.

Peace :cool:

James

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
could my 60 ft be slower due to weather? Or should my 60 still be better?

How does the nose of my car look on the launch? Is it rebounding to fast or it looks right?

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
i think your front end is coming back down too quick..same thing was happeneing to me..try tightening up the front stuts to #3 or 4 and see how it does..i run mine on #4 so far its given me the best 60' times(stange 10 ways)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok...i will bring the strange struts to 4-5 next time out and i think i can launch harder...maybe i'll take it to 5500 to see what it does too...

keep the comments coming!!

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
try a few passes on #3,then try a few on #4..i like to go 1 click at a time and see how each does..i have yet to try #5 on my front,but it may be worth a shot..you launch at alot higher rpms than me..for now..im still tyring to figure out whats best for me,but im in the middle off a gear swap right now,from 3.55 to 4.10,so hopefully that'll get my 3500lb vert moving off the line a little quicker..what gears in yours?

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
The heat definitely affects the sixty foot. I've seen around .05-.07 drop in my sixty from the heat alone.

IN the indexes I run, when its 100* out, the car is running in the 6.65-6.68 range and sixty footing like 1.51-1.53. By night time when eliminations come around, I drop back down to 6.60 and 1.47-1.48 sixties. This was last year during the summer heat.

·
Registered
5 Posts
A big plus is you are consistent.

Appears to be tire spin off the line just before the nose dive, what are you running for psi in your tires & what gears do you have?
I noticed you do dry hops after your burn out, do not do that, do a quick hard burn out and roll into the pre-stage lights.

Good luck and have fun!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A big plus is you are consistent.

Appears to be tire spin off the line just before the nose dive, what are you running for psi in your tires & what gears do you have?
I noticed you do dry hops after your burn out, do not do that, do a quick hard burn out and roll into the pre-stage lights.

Good luck and have fun!

oh...i'm not dry hopping..i'm adding track bite (vht) and that is why i turn the wheels again after i smoke them

i'm running 11 psi and i have 3.73's...car does not sway side to side or wobble at that psi

1 - 14 of 14 Posts