ET drag 28x9 rear 8.8 with 3.90 gear set
5 speed A5 astro perf

it went 3 times 1.47 and 10.90 at 124 MPH last wednesday
and today only a best 1.52 and 10.91 at 125
WTF, I was thinking this was great :confused:

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
tell him he better stay in the press box and quit giving miss information..

btw whats your suspension look like on this car? and damn put a wet shot on this thing and fly!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tell him he better stay in the press box and quit giving miss information..

btw whats your suspension look like on this car? and damn put a wet shot on this thing and fly!
We have a UPR complete suspension with the antiroll bar, qa1 single adj shocks.
if you want to look at it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzWGasXxxdA
Its a "bad pass" with old slicks resulting in a 11.13 at 123

·
Registered
405 Posts
its not slow but you might could make it faster with a higher gear possibly, but its not bad numbers

·
Registered
781 Posts
On spray wit the 3.90 gear it should hook a lil better. Not much. Id say it could def hook better wit a lil more test and tune. A power adder car for the most part should be able to out 60ft an NA car that go around the same ET's

My NA pump gas 342 on drag radials goes 1.40 dead consistant and goes in the high 10s.

Not sayin thats a terrible 60ft you got but, there is room for improvement.
Just remember. If you have adjustable shocks n struts and your car not wheeling on the bumper.
Keep the front as loose as possible. Then from there keep stiffening the rear shocks 1 notch at a time till it spins. I will gaurantee that on the stiffest setting b4 it spins it will give you your best 60ft and pass ever. U dont want too much travel in the back.

But non the less..Nice running car man.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On spray wit the 3.90 gear it should hook a lil better. Not much. Id say it could def hook better wit a lil more test and tune. A power adder car for the most part should be able to out 60ft an NA car that go around the same ET's

My NA pump gas 342 on drag radials goes 1.40 dead consistant and goes in the high 10s.

Not sayin thats a terrible 60ft you got but, there is room for improvement.
Just remember. If you have adjustable shocks n struts and your car not wheeling on the bumper.
Keep the front as loose as possible. Then from there keep stiffening the rear shocks 1 notch at a time till it spins. I will gaurantee that on the stiffest setting b4 it spins it will give you your best 60ft and pass ever. U dont want too much travel in the back.
But non the less..Nice running car man.
thanks, Thats what I did for the shocks loosened all 4 and started to stiffen the rear but I ended up with only 2 clicks at the rear that gives the better 60ft, We leave in first gear on nitrous without nitrous controller .

any help would be appreciated to help those slow 60ft :)

Maybe ballast?

·
Registered
781 Posts
thanks, Thats what I did for the shocks loosened all 4 and started to stiffen the rear but I ended up with only 2 clicks at the rear that gives the better 60ft, We leave in first gear on nitrous without nitrous controller .

any help would be appreciated to help those slow 60ft :)

Maybe ballast?
Do you have double adjustable uppers in the car? Im gonna say the next most important thing to do is check your pinion angle.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Yes Upr adj uppers, and the pinion angle is -3
I also had moved the Ic backwards with Metco lower arms and relocation brakets.
-3 is def a good starting point. But as I said every car is different. Some cars like more then -3 some like less. I wouldnt play with IC much. Its not goin fast enough to do that. I ran 11.00s wit BS non adjustable uppers n lowers and i went 1.50 to the 60ft. I then checked pinion angle and it was +5.
So I just added double adjustable uppers and put the pinion angle @ -3 to start and I been the best of a 1.40 on motor and drag radials.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts