Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Switching to a C4.Need to know what TQ conver to get?I plan to rev it to 5500/5800,combo is a 351w H/C/I 76mm turbo.I have for now 3.55 gears.It will be built by a local guy here.Gonna run a brake with reverse manaul body.

·
Registered
147 Posts
2 options come to mind on converters #1 Pro Torque Jamie Will Build you whatever you want He's Verry good ,But "that" comes at a price...lol...#2 is a company called "Redneck racing"....i have heard a lot of good things about their Ford converters and a lot of the guys around here are running them...1/8th mile drags from mid 7's to low 5's.... "IT's a Damn good converter for the money" the most common comment about redneck racing converters...just dont waste your money on a "generic" our of the box converter like a "holeshot" or "3500" its worth the extra $$$ to get the right one for your car to start with than to spend it over time changing them out til ya find the right one ;)

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2 options come to mind on converters #1 Pro Torque Jamie Will Build you whatever you want He's Verry good ,But "that" comes at a price...lol...#2 is a company called "Redneck racing"....i have heard a lot of good things about their Ford converters and a lot of the guys around here are running them...1/8th mile drags from mid 7's to low 5's.... "IT's a Damn good converter for the money" the most common comment about redneck racing converters...just dont waste your money on a "generic" our of the box converter like a "holeshot" or "3500" its worth the extra $$$ to get the right one for your car to start with than to spend it over time changing them out til ya find the right one ;)
Ok so 1 who is this jamie guy and where can i get in contact with him and where is he located?2 same queston about this redneck raceing place?

·
Registered
422 Posts
I am not sure but i think redneck is out of business now, i cant get on their webpage.

I got my converter from jay at broader performance. hes a great guy and is great to deal with. I told him what my car was and what i planned to do and he set it up for me. I also got my trans parts to build my c4 from him, if i ever have a question i give him a call real knowledgable guy.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not sure but i think redneck is out of business now, i cant get on their webpage.

I got my converter from jay at broader performance. hes a great guy and is great to deal with. I told him what my car was and what i planned to do and he set it up for me. I also got my trans parts to build my c4 from him, if i ever have a question i give him a call real knowledgable guy.
contact info

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
What stall do you have in your car?What or whos C4 is yours?
I guess it was around 3500, custom unit by Redneck. C4 is a case fill unit with some pieces from Dynamic and Redneck. Built by a friend.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Ok so 1 who is this jamie guy and where can i get in contact with him and where is he located?2 same queston about this redneck raceing place?
WWW.PROTORQUECONVERTERS.COM - Contact Us .....sorry i missed this thread yesterday here is a link to "Jamie's" contact page...and if it works a pic of Stan's "SuperStang" 9:80's with a 4R70W...9:69 with a Glide....Those 2 extra gears only slowed it 1.5 tenths in a quarter

·
Registered
711 Posts
Check over at click click racing; there's a guy Dity Dog that builds some good converters.

What ever happened with the catch can smoke?

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Lenny with Ultimate is the man when it comes to converters, he is very easy to talk to and will always answer the phone..

Ultimate Converters Concepts 704-892-6837 Lenny

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Check over at click click racing; there's a guy Dity Dog that builds some good converters.

What ever happened with the catch can smoke?
I ran a comptession test on cylinders 5-8 and #7 was 35PSI and 5 6 8were 130's.So i'm tearing it apart to replace the head gaskets or atleast see whats up inside,as well as do the rear main and now most likely the trans swap.

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
Lenny with Ultimate is the man when it comes to converters, he is very easy to talk to and will always answer the phone..

Ultimate Converters Concepts 704-892-6837 Lenny
I have heard positive feedback on Lenny @ Ultimate from a number of people, specifically with fast turbo cars.

I have a Precision Industries converter in my car:

Precision Industries

I have been happy with it, and their service but will caution that if you have a turbo car you want someone that day in, and day out works on turbo converters. These cars are really sensitive with converters.

The other caution is don't spend a lot of money on a converter if you are still changing 53 things on the car. Engine combination and turbo make a HUGE difference. Make sure your combo is stable and then nail the converter, otherwise you will be paying to make continued adjustments.

....coming from the guy that has changed too much stuff...

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
PTC is worth contacting and talking to. You can get on their website and fill out a spec sheet for your engine/car and submit it. Then they will give you a call.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts