Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
I run a torque link with my solid mounts. Don't think that solid mounts don't flex. I promise, they do.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Can someone explain what these do for your car? Ive seen them before just never really thought about it til today. How would this actually help qtr mile performance.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Not sure how it would help 60' time unless your motor mounts were shot. I use the torque link to protect the stock mounts - already busted up one set pretty good.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Hello,

See my thread below about how I installed the Competition Engineering piece for a Foxbody onto a 2V 99GT. It is fairly straightforward if you run a factory K-Member and can weld or have someone fab/weld the second bracket.

http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1120797

I did it for many of the reasons mentioned above. Stops killing motor mounts, intake tube for KB doesn't smack the shock tower and get ripped off, and overall much more solid feel. I'm glad I did it.

Matt

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
I run the Competition Engineering piece on my car and I like it.

I put mine on because I hated the way solid mounts vibrated everything in the car, and I didn't want to tear my new stock mounts up.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I've always had concerns about tieing the move down via the cyclinder head? If the motor wants to twist...do you really want to pull on the head with those hollow dowels??

....I have solid mounts and the motor still moves....not near as much, but its still got some shimmy...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts