Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, i took my 5.0 out to the track wed. night. was only on street tires so i was surprised when i found what i found. car has stock control arms with poly bushings. i noticed thurs. that there are bulges inside my car on the floor pan (where the rear seat used to be) where the control arms mount underneath the car.. i snapped some quick pictures to see what you guys thought. what in the world would cause something like this?

thoughts?

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
You need to get under the car and see if they are torn, I can't tell anything from that picture.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You need to get under the car and see if they are torn, I can't tell anything from that picture.
yeah i realize that, i posted to see what the hell would cause something like that. because if my logic is right, the uppers would be pulled away from the body, instead of forced into it.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
really? i've never noticed them before. havnt seen them in anyone elses car either (granted, i never paid attention).

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
I just looked at the pictures I took when I did my battle boxes, and I have those bulges... Looks like a factory thing

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
They are not in the same area
If you look at this pic you can see the bulge to the left, I think its just amplified in your pic because of the foil over the top

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They are not in the same area
If you look at this pic you can see the bulge to the left, I think its just amplified in your pic because of the foil over the top
alright thanks, i guess the bulge is actually where the "frame rail" of the unibody connects underneath. well im glad its not related to my torque box in anyway. and yes, it looks like the sound deadener (or w/e the hell it is, previous owner put that #### in) amplifies its size.

so would you guys advise the upper reinforcement plates? or would just welding them up be sufficient? ive heard alot of people say they are more trouble than they are worth, and welding would be fine.

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
I dont know how much better they are than just welding up, however I do know it makes me feel better at night knowing they are there... Plus they are cheap

1 - 16 of 16 Posts