Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically what the title says. I noticed the car would no longer fit the same tire as before without running on one side, the rear was off center. Further inspection revealed one driver side upper torque box pulling away from the body. Pulled the rear end and tried to get everything back in shape as best I could and welded all the seams fully solid on both sides. Now the rear is still of center and I realized I didn't get the driver side box quite back where it belongs! Total newbie mistake.

So now I have fully welded upper boxes and one is still wrong. Am I going to have to cut all this back apart and basically put an s-box in it? Or can I make up for the inch or so of misalignment with double adjustable control arms?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
675 Posts
Basically what the title says. I noticed the car would no longer fit the same tire as before without running on one side, the rear was off center. Further inspection revealed one driver side upper torque box pulling away from the body. Pulled the rear end and tried to get everything back in shape as best I could and welded all the seams fully solid on both sides. Now the rear is still of center and I realized I didn't get the driver side box quite back where it belongs! Total newbie mistake.

So now I have fully welded upper boxes and one is still wrong. Am I going to have to cut all this back apart and basically put an s-box in it? Or can I make up for the inch or so of misalignment with double adjustable control arms?

Would an adjustable panhard bar work to pull the rear back to center? I have double adjustable uppers and don't think you could make the rear move over.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would an adjustable panhard bar work to pull the rear back to center? I have double adjustable uppers and don't think you could make the rear move over.

I'm sure you could PULL it back with a panhard bar but would that not put everything in a massive bind?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts