1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Sure it wasnt 2nd to 4th? I dont see how 3rd to reverse is possible when they are side by side.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Sure it wasnt 2nd to 4th? I dont see how 3rd to reverse is possible when they are side by side.
Maybe you're thinking of a different tranny, T5 looks like:

1 3 5

2 4--R

and how the hell would you go from 2nd to fourth?

Good think you caught it before you ####ed something up bad.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I think he was in 3rd, intended to go to 4th, but by accident, pulled it down into 2nd. I've been in a car when someone did this. It made all types of awfull noises, jerking all over the road and after a few seconds of that madness, the tranny said enough of this crap and put a big hole in the side of the main case. I'll never forget that day.
3rd to R... thats some wacky driving....

·
Registered
592 Posts
I would think he droped it back into 2nd. I have done that. I dont think it would be possible to get the thing into reverse even if you tried. If you did and let the clutch out then forget it. There is no saving anything at that speed. I think he droped it back into 2nd.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Yeah good point. In my coupe I dropped it into 2nd for a half second after wrapping out third, it only took a second and my rpm gauge was almost to 6 (hadn't let the clutch out 100% yet) til I realized it and kicked the clutch down like Adam Vinatieri.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Last time at the track with my TKO before I put in the AOD (one of the reasons I went AOD) I went from 3rd to 2nd. Well let me tell ya it wasn't good, back pretty much locked up, I was in the right lane and the car turned to the right, I got a very good view of the car coming up the left lane as he was out my side window coming straight at me, car then went the other way and I had a very good view of the wall threw my windshield, I went back and forth a few more times until I got it straightened up. Still crossed the line at 103 mph, not bad...... Blew the head gasket though as the engine went to 7000 + rpm. Not knowing that I spit out the head gasket I went right around into the lanes hopped out of my car, a guy comes up to me and says I'm going to have to wait as they are checking the track for fuilds, some guy was all over it, then he looks at my car and back at me then back at the car, before he could say anything I said Oh, I just came up from the pits for my 1st pass..... LOL

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So it could of been 3rd to 2nd
Sure enough it was a (Change those shorts) kinda moment for me.
Def not 2nd to 4th as i was in 3rd at about 6000

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Maybe you're thinking of a different tranny, T5 looks like:

1 3 5

2 4--R

and how the hell would you go from 2nd to fourth?

Good think you caught it before you ####ed something up bad.
I was having a brain fart, I dont think I was quite awake yet. I have gone from 3rd back to 2nd a couple times and worst was 2nd back to 1st with my old junk trans.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Dont feel bad. I was used to driving my Tremec around and racing it. My C6 on my bigblock has a reverse valve body. First pass of the night at the track I shifted to second( pull back) and then shifting to third I pushed It forward(DOH, right into first!!). Lucky I had a chip in the MSD. Felt like a tard

·
Registered
90 Posts
Its is nearly impossible to go into reverse from 3rd. That slider gear would never engage, and if it did the trans would of probably exploded. Its hard enough to get into reverse from any type of forward motion let alone from 3rd gear. You probably went from 3rd to 2nd. It has happened to me before, motor bounced off of the limiter a couple of times, then i pushed the clutch in.

·
Banned
91 Posts
never say never ... i let a buddy run my car years ago.... it looked like he did a burnout all the way down the track... he got back to the lanes the car stunk and was smoking... he ran the car down the track with the e brake on... lol

·
Registered
773 Posts
never say never ... i let a buddy run my car years ago.... it looked like he did a burnout all the way down the track... he got back to the lanes the car stunk and was smoking... he ran the car down the track with the e brake on... lol
awesome... the object of drag racing is to go fast as you can--with the brakes off--- lol some good driving there!

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Lmao :rofl:
Didn't he see the P Brake light on the cluster?

·
Registered
483 Posts
my buddy shifted my car 2nd to 1st once last summer and the rear wheels locked up and it bounced off limiter like crazy. last time i let him drive...

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
come on guys..he was in 3rd gear ..he went to shift to 4th witch is straight down..instead he went to reverse which is down and over..he was not in 2nd gear or 4th ...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts