Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was bored so I took off my front sway bar. Very easy to do.... took all of about 30 minutes and could be done in less.

It makes a big difference! The car handles like crap now. It leans alot and hops in tight turns. Also at higher speeds it kind of yaws back and forth like an airplane! It is much less confident feeling... although overall grip doesn't feel like it changed much.

As far as straight line performance, it seems to hook about the same on the street with the stock tires. I CAN definately see the left front of the car come up on launch though. I'm wondering if it actually helps with traction. Maybe it only helps when you get serious tracton like with some slicks or DRs???

Any comments?

Jeff

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I disconnect mine at the track, cant stand driving around with a sloppy suspension. Also set the TKO's on 1, want to talk about sloppy :eek: It helps with weight transfer, I am still working with my new suspension, but seems to help.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yes it helps traction with good suspension. It allows front suspension to move freely plus added weight removed. Why you would try running on street without front is really nuts.

Takes me all of 4 minutes to remove at track

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I usually disconnect it since I'm lazy...never removed it yet, and I prefer having it for the street. You should too, wether you remove or disconnect for the track. Getting into an accident won't impress anyone.

Turn wheels to the right. Undo top of right link. Jack up right rear. Undo bottom of link. Pull link out. Done.

All you need is a crecent, a 15mm socket/ratchet and a jack.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, it's pretty bad. Thanks for the tips.

Jeff

·
Registered
105 Posts
What took you so long to take it off, that should of been of the first day you had the car....... Keep it off, if you dont mind a boat while turning corners then you will be fine

·
US Air Force Active Duty
1,941 Posts
Jeez you guys act like it's unsafe to drive with no sway bar or something. :)

It's really not that bad, I drove around with mine off for about 3 weeks one time. I usually leave it on, though, since I like it much better that way.

-Pat

1 - 7 of 7 Posts