Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a 98 GT 5spd with stock 2.73 gears. off road x-pipe, SLP catback, Predator tune, and AEM intake. Thats it.

[email protected] with a 2.16 60ft time. I'll get my slips and post all the info! I was happy with it...

DA was 2880, 89* out.

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats pretty damn good.
I was like WTF?? But my next run was a [email protected] so it was no fluke. I was launching at 3000 slipping the clutch to not bog out with the 2.73 and my last run the clutch started to slip.:blam: So, I think I will put the 3.55's in it and go back again. Part of me wants to leave it as is and try and get a 14.0 out of it with the 2.73's lol.

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a 99 Gt and ran 13.89 with just a K&N but in perfect conditions. The Mod motors are tough to launch on a street tire.
I just wasn't expecting anything great out of this 98 being a non-PI motor. I heard they were gutless cars but mine is on par with my 5.0's with the same mods. Strange.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
I just wasn't expecting anything great out of this 98 being a non-PI motor. I heard they were gutless cars but mine is on par with my 5.0's with the same mods. Strange.

I agree..Alo the weather conditions.If it was when and where I ran it would have been right there.

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree..Alo the weather conditions.If it was when and where I ran it would have been right there.
The track conditions sucked, so I know I can do better. For comparison my 93 GT ran those same times and a touch more MPH in same conditions, but in cooler weather ran [email protected]

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very nice, put the gears in it and tell us how it runs.
I'm leaving the 2.73 gears in and going to try again for a better time! I am going to install my firewall adjuster and quadrant asap because I have to have the clutched FLOORED right now. Almost 90k miles though, and I think previous owner ran nitrous on the car. Makes sense right? 2.73's and nitrous? :blam:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts