Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an 08 GT last summer and ran it at the 1/8th mile track and it ran
8.90 s stone stock . So i decided I wanted to see just how fast i could make it go with out any changes to the engine its stock down to the air cleaner.
I instaled 4.30 gears,hurst shifter, swaybar delete kit,bogart 15x10 and
15x3.5 d10s oh yeah ibach drag springs . and craked off an 8.20 out of the hole with a terrible 1.97 60ft .they didnt prep the track that night .im trying to hit a 7.99 before i change any thing on the engine . any help would be great this is just a personal goal of mine. im still trying to decide on a pro charger or turbo ? any thoughts would be great .

·
Registered
669 Posts
With the car under warranty i wouldnt crack the motor open. maybe just some stuff thats easy bolt-ons, easy to take off before taking it to the dealership for some work if something does goes wrong. Keep all the stock stuff to put back on until the warranty is expired.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it will never see the inside of a dealer ship

i wount ever take the car to the dealership i was a ford tech for 10years and recently switced to a vw, audi dealer. the car only has 400 miles on it . i asked them if i could use my free oil changes for life on my pickup . i know what happen when you take a mustang to the dealer !you get it back with 20 more miles and and 1/32 nd less tread on the tires lol!

·
Registered
669 Posts
lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts