Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a turbo seal blow and ended up with probably 1.5 to 2 quarts of oil in the exhaust. I was going to let it burn out but decided to clean it all out. Before I cleaned it out the car was running and some I noticed an oil leak right at the v band clamp to the turbo on the exhaust side. Now I'm wondering if the seal is blown again on the turbo or could it be sucking some of that oil in the exhaust back up to the flange??

·
Registered
429 Posts
I had a turbo seal blow and ended up with probably 1.5 to 2 quarts of oil in the exhaust. I was going to let it burn out but decided to clean it all out. Before I cleaned it out the car was running and some I noticed an oil leak right at the v band clamp to the turbo on the exhaust side. Now I'm wondering if the seal is blown again on the turbo or could it be sucking some of that oil in the exhaust back up to the flange??
How is your oil drain run? have you taken it off and made sure it's a clear shot to the pan?

·
Registered
967 Posts
A friend of mine had a problem with that. A local tuner recommended to put a nitrous jet nozzle in the feed line. Ever since that, no more burning oil!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts