Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just wondering if anyone has tried using Tokico Illuminas or D-specs with front or rear coil-overs. I've read that they're the same spec as Konis and KYBs, so there shouldn't be a fitment issue, eh? Opinions or comments?

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
While I dont know about the strength of the tokico mounts, I would personally look for a different set of dampeners for coil-over use. My brother has the Illuminas on his '95 with Steeda Sport springs. Those seem to be well matched. I dont think the Illuminas would be good with higher springs rates especially those found with coil-overs. I would suggest getting a good set of Bilsteins or Konis if you are going to run coil-overs.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I've been using them with #475 front springs.

I put the Tokicos on in 1997 and the coil over system on in 2000. No problems with them, but I did notice a little bit of oscillation on the street. I run the car on the track and don't really notice anything out of the ordinary.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I have tokico illuminas and MM coil over kit and it handles awesome. MM would mention somthing about that if it were true there a trust worthy compay and design a kit for the tokico struts. I run a 375# spring as reccomended by MM for a street car that could hit the auto x the odd time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts