Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
vrtical said:
guys with 5-way adj Tokico shocks/struts, what are you setting your shocks at for the track?
Haven't been to the track but I practiced several times on some industrial roads and setting the backs to 1 and the fronts to 5 worked the best. This setting seemed to make the car transfer weight better than the others. I still plan on playing around with them at the track but that is what I am going to start with. Later Ron

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Tokico shock settings ????

primetime said:
Haven't been to the track but I practiced several times on some industrial roads and setting the backs to 1 and the fronts to 5 worked the best. This setting seemed to make the car transfer weight better than the others. I still plan on playing around with them at the track but that is what I am going to start with. Later Ron
:confused: you got that backwards? 5 is the hardest setting? I acutally been running 1 on front and 5 out back, but I think 5 out back is way to tight, so gonna try 4, then 3.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Tokico shock settings ????

vrtical said:

:confused: you got that backwards? 5 is the hardest setting? I acutally been running 1 on front and 5 out back, but I think 5 out back is way to tight, so gonna try 4, then 3.
Doug, IMO At the track when launching I want the front end hard and the back end soft so that the front lifts up and the back squats. This helps the weight transfer and I feel provides a better launch. Again, just testing so I am sure that I could be wrong but maybe someone else will help us both.LOL Sorry for the confusion. Later Ron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts