Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Subscribing. I seem to remember people saying they've used the 2001 Bullitt suspension (springs, struts & shocks) on foxes but I'm not positive. Maximum Motorsports does recommend using 94-up rear shocks for foxes that have been lowered, so it seems that at least the rears will work. Anyone have firsthand knowledge of this?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am running the Tokico Mach I struts on my 85 fox using 88 spindles. There are a couple of issues to consider. One is that the lower bolt holes on an 87-93 fox spindles are physically higher above the ground than on a SN95 spindle (94 and up). This effects bump travel, and not having the strut in the middle of the travel makes its function less than ideal.

To correct for the travel and location issues I went to a Kenny Brown Caster Plus plates, though most (not all!) aftermakret caster camber plates such as MM's offer the increased one inch in bump travel. This and some very careful height measurements and trimming/mixing/matching of bump stops got me within 0.1 inch of factory 87-93 fox travel and strut height.

One other factor I should have mentioned up front, the Mach I and Bullit Tokico struts are designed for ~ 0.75 inch lower ride height compared to regular SN95, and I'm not sure which catagory a Tokico D strut falls into.

The ride quality, and rapid transient response with my factory 600 lb/inch springs (similar to Motorsport C springs) and the Mach I struts is phenomenal. I am grateful to the Ford and Tokico engineers for painstakingly designing a nicely matched strut for the srpings on my 20 year old car ;-)

LTDzak (1985 LTD LX not quite stock)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts