Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys today i got the gears swapped out. i had 4.10's for about 1 1/2 years with my turbo kit. running 10-11 psi. 1st-3rd are pointless on street even with 315s in the back.

car is a 2004 mustang ---- 5 speed (3650)

i took her for a drive today !!!!!!!!!!! its a night a day difference!!!!!!! it pulls just as hard as the 4.10 did. but now pulls twice as long!!!!!
i wish i would of swapped them out months ago!!!!!!

ALSO

last year i went to track with the 4.10s best was 12.04 at 114mph. my fastest mph was 117. and i also hit rev limiter in 4th before traps. (running 6-7 psi of boost at that time)

this saturday the 8th i will be running at the track again. to see what the difference is. boost will also be at 10-11 psi

hoping for mid to low 11's

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
congrats , sounds like fun!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
s a night a day difference!!!!!!! it pulls just as hard as the 4.10 did. but now pulls twice as long!!!!!
i wish i would of swapped them out months ago!!!!!!
Maaaan we ought to smack the #### outta you. lol
"We told you so" are in order. I now dub thee the guy who will now go into threads where a guy doesn't want to buy gears because it won't make that much of a difference and smack him around until he understands the importance. It is now your job to spread the gospel my son lol. You can start with Modular Speed on here.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maaaan we ought to smack the #### outta you. lol
"We told you so" are in order. I now dub thee the guy who will now go into threads where a guy doesn't want to buy gears because it won't make that much of a difference and smack him around until he understands the importance. It is now your job to spread the gospel my son lol. You can start with Modular Speed on here.

haha yes i know!!!! i shoulda listened! to be honest i thought it would be slower! BOY was i wrong

it all makes sense now.

car should run good on Saturday heres whats different from last time at track!

1.) et street
2.) pony wheels on all 4 - 72 LBS lighter then my chrome bullets!!! rotational mass??????????
3.) removed rear seats, spare tire. exc
4.) boost is up to 10-11 psi
5.) NEW 3.27 gears!

all i got to say is IT BETTER BE LOW 11 SEC CAR!!!!!!!!!!
LOL

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
haha yes i know!!!! i shoulda listened! to be honest i thought it would be slower! BOY was i wrong
It was hard for me to grasp when I first started also. But now I try to tell people the car gets scarier as I go up in gears and they don't get it. Then comes the test drive.
1st gear "not bad huh?
"LOL, yeah, that's pretty stupid"
2nd gear nothing said, just a smile, and one is returned.
3rd "this one is kinda fun" Now you can see them getting uneasy.
4th "Ready?"
"For what?" Then as you lay into it they start looking around for an "Oh #### handle" as they are squirming in their seat trying their best to act cool and not scared out of their mind lol. Another turbo kit sold. :rofl:

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
same thing with me and the powerglide.... I was like, "I'm gonna take off with a 1.76 first gear???... then shift into high which is 1.00??? so like taking off in third on a stick car and shifting to fourth. gonna really feel "peppy", right? Well loading the motor is good cause I pedaled it out in first to about 60 mph, hit high gear and matted the gas. It blew, and i mean BLEW the M/T DR's to smithereens with shift light coming on before mister right foot could lift fast enough... loading the motor is GOOOOD, lol

·
Registered
472 Posts
same thing with me and the powerglide.... I was like, "I'm gonna take off with a 1.76 first gear???... then shift into high which is 1.00??? so like taking off in third on a stick car and shifting to fourth. gonna really feel "peppy", right? Well loading the motor is good cause I pedaled it out in first to about 60 mph, hit high gear and matted the gas. It blew, and i mean BLEW the M/T DR's to smithereens with shift light coming on before mister right foot could lift fast enough... loading the motor is GOOOOD, lol
Off topic, you got a link to a build or anything for your car? From the look of your sig, it sounds like a bad bitch.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts