Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i have steeda springs on my car and it has been bottoming out like a mofo on these crappy city streets. i was looking at replacement shocks/struts, and tokico seems to be the way to go. however, i like the adjustability of the tokicos. i want to have a good, comfortable street car that handles well, but i want to be able to adjust it to hook better at the track. i was thinking this:

either 5 ways all around,

or adjustable drag struts in front and regular illuminas in the back.

how often are you guys adjusting your settings? is it worth it? i don't auto-x, but i'm afraid to cut that off for myself at the same time. what if i want to do that one day? any opinions?

gino

·
Registered
215 Posts
I adjust mine once in a while. I keep mine set on 5 all around with my Steeda Sport springs and I love it. Some think my ride is a little too harsh, but I like it. For the track, set the front to 1 and the rears to 5 and you should be good to go. I haven't taken my car autoxing, but I will leave them on 5 for it.

I highly recommend the Illuminas, you'll love the way they ride.

If you get them, set them to 3 all around, so you get a feel for what they feel like on the middle setting. It's a good starting point for customizing the ride.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have the drag strut in front and shocks in back. I usually ride with the drag struts on 4 and i always leave the rears on 5. I have eibach sportlines and gained 2 thenths in the 1/4 as I no longer have traction issues. As above I set the front to 1 on the strip but NOT on the street. The drag struts are loose as a goose on one and not safe for street use. Also, per illumina tech support advice I got the drag struts for a 93 as they are shorter and work much better with a car that is dropped 2" or more.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Set the drag struts to "5" and get as spirited as you wish! When I get a hair up my rear to run the twisties that is what I do. Just be careful until you are used to them. The car will be SUPER responsive and you can get yourself into trouble real fast. The car will react WAY FASTER than you expect and it is easy to overcorrect. This was one of the best decisions I have made. They are expenseve but worth every penny!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts