Ford Mustang Forums banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Corral Day Kittah
16,060 Posts

·
Registered
25,699 Posts
She said that they are not the same thing and not the same company.
Many corporations have different companies under the same or a similar name. They may be related, but they are not the same. Depending on the structure of the corporation, they may not be able to legally transfer the inventory fluidly without violating tax laws. I don't think a price match should* have been out of the question, but I understand the answer and reason you were given.

·
Registered
840 Posts
It's actually pretty refreshing to read some of you guy's posts. I've been working at Target for a little over a year now and a lot of the stuff you guy's mention is really frustrating, even to MOST employees there. I get hassled all of the time about differences between internet and store and I hate to be an ass, but it's what they make us do. I try to do my best to help people out, but usually the "rules" won't allow me to do much. Also, MOST people who shop there are arrogant and think they are better than everyone else, those people definitely get on my nerves most. I try my best to help people who are down to earth, even if it means "bending" some rules. I really wish people wouldn't be so harsh to the lower level employees (such as myself) when something doesn't go as it should, usually there really isn't anything we can do!

The bad thing is the fact that the employees, even store managers, can't really change anything, it's corporate that makes and enforces the rules. I bothers me how everyone there seems to be so afraid of the "higher-ups".

Working there isn't bad, most of the people there seem to be less "trashy" than average Wal-Mart employees. It's definitely usually more refreshing shopping there too, the employees, (at least in my experience) are generally much more helpful than wal-mart's. We are taught to be as helpful as possible.

·
15,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #84

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Sears does the same thing.

I went through that hassle with my welder, which I eventually bought from Lowes.

Target also has a pretty harsh return policy, which I can understand since a LOT of people treat stores like a free rental place.

Buy something, use it for three months, return it for a full refund. Wash rinse repeat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
for one thing if you don't have a recipt they shouldn't even consider a return or exchange. Nothing like letting you steal something you don't like then trade it for something you do like.

I won't go to walmart unless i have no other choice because i don't like to deal with the poeple who shop there. Usually fat smelly people who just mill around and are in the way. Target on the other hand is cleaner and has a cleaner class of people form what i've seen in every state I've ever lived in

I love target, but I don't really look at internet vs store. They have great prices on new release dvds and music too.

I get the problem though, if it's on teh website to me that's the advertised price which they should meet.

oh well.

EDIT: I actually have to go to walmart becasue the complete rocky box set is a walmart exclusive from what the site says
I get why it would be lower though, it'd be cheaper to sell stuff online vs in the store and they've gotta make up the differnece. But still i do see it as a principal issue that they shoudl live up to the price you see.
I know all stores have their own but I always love to buy at Target store because of the store policy. As you said they should accept without a receipt but they might be not doing so because they provide quality products that also in cheapest price. Something that is about the target store which on another hand that is Target RedCard. By using Target RedCard one has an extra time frame to return a product at Target Store.
for one thing if you don't have a recipt they shouldn't even consider a return or exchange. Nothing like letting you steal something you don't like then trade it for something you do like.

I won't go to walmart unless i have no other choice because i don't like to deal with the poeple who shop there. Usually fat smelly people who just mill around and are in the way. Target on the other hand is cleaner and has a cleaner class of people form what i've seen in every state I've ever lived in

I love target, but I don't really look at internet vs store. They have great prices on new release dvds and music too.

I get the problem though, if it's on teh website to me that's the advertised price which they should meet.

oh well.

EDIT: I actually have to go to walmart becasue the complete rocky box set is a walmart exclusive from what the site says
I get why it would be lower though, it'd be cheaper to sell stuff online vs in the store and they've gotta make up the differnece. But still i do see it as a principal issue that they shoudl live up to the price you see.
I always love to buy from Target and Walmart. I would like to correct a few things such as each and every store have a different policy they would actually not accept all product return back with receipt or without a receipt. Especially stores like Target and Walmart will not as they provide quality products and that at the cheapest price. If you do like to return at Target then Target Store Policy fall under 90 days and some product have a different time frame to return. You can check online for it.

·
15,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
I am so confused by the bumping of this thread...WTF.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I don't shop target; ever. It's out of the way, it's too big, too hard to park, dark parking lot, and pricing isn't great. Walmart isn't much different other than their pricing is a little better. Best buy NEVER EVER gets my footprints inside any of their stores. I like best buy. I don't like (hate) their return policy. A little background-my dad is going blind, he has diabetes from agent orange from his 8 years in nam. But he does watch tv quite a bit. So my mom decided to buy a big flat screen TV; which at the time was around $3200. She went in to best buy, gave them a coupon, told them go get one and help her load it into the truck. She got it home and we (I had to help; it was a 70" TV) unloaded and installed it and the soundbar it came with. Nice setup. Hit the power button, nothing. Checked the cord, outlet, remote, called Sony directly for instructions, it appears that the unit is dead. Right out of the box! Loaded it back into the box (correctly), took it back to best buy as requested by Sony. Well guess what? They charge you a 15% open box fee on returns. So they were trying to charge us $475 to return a defective TV. Now consider that my folks are on a totally fixed income and that it took them forever to save up the money to buy this turd. Refund? Still cost $475. I called sony right there from the store and explained it to them and like they said, it is out of their control what the RETAILER does; and agreed that it is unfortunate. They knocked it down to $200 and change. Mom was tired of arguing with them, took a refund (minus the $200) and left--and have never set foot back in, and never will unless the sky is falling and that's the only place in the world to take shelter (fat chance). Disgusted, she asked to hook the old TV back up which I gladly did; and a month or so later she asked me to go pick up a 70" from a mom & pop shop in town, which I did, they loaded it and everything for me, all I did was take it home and hook it up & hit power, everything worked. That place called us a week or so later with a follow up, which you will never ever get from a big brick and mortar store like walmart best buy target etc. It was $45 more than best buy but the customer service is 10x better.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts