Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
15,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Target's website, they list the Xbox Live Gold package for $69.99. Includes 12 months Xbox Live, camera, headset, 200 points, and 2 games. Punch in the zip code, says "available in this store".

Go to target, it was $79.99. Brought it to the girls attention in electronics, "no, we can't match the website". Whatever, so I bring it up to the customer service, so I can pay the advertised price of "$69.99, available in this store". The bitch tells me no, we don't honor the prices on the website, and that "they are not the same". She said that they are not the same thing and not the same company. I asked if I could then just purchase it online at the computer, and do an in-store pick-up like at Best Buy/Circuit City. No, you can't do that. You have to buy it online and have it shipped to you.

"So, you're telling me I should just go to Best Buy or Circuit City, and have them price match you over $10? "Yeah that's probably your best bet, you could even go to Wal Mart too probably". OK whatever, tossed the thing on the counter and said 'see ya'. ####ing bitches.

Went to Best Buy next door, after a little explaining (different box, same contents), they price matched Target's price on their website, that Target themselves wouldn't even match.

In short, #### TARGET, I won't buy #### form there unless I need to from now on unless they're the last resort. I hope your $10 was worth it, you ####ing cocklicks.

So anyways I have a cam an Xbox Live now.

I'm pissed at this BS. I want to write a letter or something.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
dave, id like to say that i had a meaningful comment for your post, but i have to ask..

what the hell is that in your avatar?

·
15,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OMG.:(

·
Registered
172 Posts
dave, id like to say that i had a meaningful comment for your post, but i have to ask..

what the hell is that in your avatar?
Sorry Dave, I resonding to this, holy crap. I cant believe he dosnt know there that is from. But ok its alright. maybe he is young or never had a tv or umm grew up in a third world country in a dirt hole.

So I will help go to the video store and rent A christmas story. You will be a better person for it.

Oh yeah and Dave #### Target.

·
Registered
10,437 Posts
When it's time for me to purchase Xbox Live, i'll have to get the Vision pack too so we can cyb0r on the cam. It's really not a bad deal. For 30 more bucks you get a headset and the camera.

Sucks about what you had to go through to get it though.

J/K about the cyb0r. I heart my wife.

·
Super Moderator
27,651 Posts
I went through the same thing with a video camera several months ago, but my end of the conversation went something like this: "Oh. That's too bad." I didn't rage out and I didn't write a letter...and I damn sure didn't expect the $10 an hour chick in the electronics area to be able to bend the company policy, however stupid it is, on the spot.

But write a letter if it makes you feel better. I bet if you look on their webite you'll find a list of corporate officers. You probably won't find their contact information, but you might if you dig around their financial/institutional-investor information both at target.com and at places like Yahoo finance. ANd if you can't find a working phone number for anything but a phone bank, a whitepages.com search around Minneapolis area will turn up the front desk number somehow, and you call them and you get The Man on the phone. That would be the VP of Sales and Marketing and/or the Chief Operating Officer.

It's amazing who you can talk to when you figure out enough about their phone numbering scheme to call somebody at random and pretend you meant to call Mr or Mrs so-and-so The Man...they put you right through, every single time.

Have fun ;)

·
U.S. Army Active Duty
14,746 Posts
I saw a girl in a Target uniform walk into WalMart today as I was hassled on a return. I just had to laugh. lol

·
15,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MFE...can you have Donna call for me? :lol:

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
I like Target a little more than WalMart. Around here, the stores are cleaner and better kept. Sure they don't match prices, but for an extra $10 I'd rather shop in a clean well organized store. I will say however that I will never order anything online from Target as I once placed an order with them and it was supposedly refused by me although I never saw it or laid hands on it. Their shipping times suck ass too.

·
15,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not asking them to price match, I'm asking them to just give me the price that they advertised that brought me into the store.

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
I'm not going to read any of this because I have my opinion of Target and the yuppies that go there because they are too "good" for walmart.

#### em.

·
Corral Charter Member
24,973 Posts
Commies at Target? They unionized?

Great thing about captialism, you can have two prices, one for those willing to wait on delivery and order through a website, and another price for those that have a need for instant gratification. ;)

I never figured you for a Target Tart!

Michael Means

1 - 20 of 91 Posts