Ford Mustang Forums banner

To get a 95 GT a 10.70 pass...

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Svt1995 
#1 ·
Hi,
I just started building my 95 GT. Stock bottom end with 22k miles. I had a 1998 GT with a diy kit and stock engine and went 11.70.

Plan is:
-Holley Systemax Intake, F Cam,1.7 RR
-Heads- Thinking Edelbrock Perfromers
-Shorty Header DIY kit with MP 76mm Q Trim, Intercooler, JGS Wastegate etc...
-340 intank pump, Stock lines,80 lb injectors, SCT MAF, SCT Tune
- Slicks, Upper and Lower Control Arms, Lakewood Shocks and Struts and 4cyl Fromt Springs
- t5 with center force clutch

My car is full weight at this time.

I have not bought parts yet, so please critique my combo.

What Hp number should get me around a 10.7 pass and can I make that on my combo?
Thank you!
Tom

See less See more
#4 ·
So my main concern is head choice. I know it doesn't take a lot to get to the level of risking the block- so does this mean I should go cheap - like new Gt40 or should I look at like twisted wedge heads?

#7 ·
At that power level, the stock bottom end will be a ticking time bomb depending on how often it is raced. Also, the F cam will make power but there are better alternatives. Lastly, the t-5, it's rated at 330 lb.ft. If you are making between 500-550 rwhp, from experience, both the t-5 & stock bottom will break. I'm not saying it can't be done, it absolutely can, I did it, but after 2 blocks & 2 t-5's, I decided to spend the extra $$ and go Dart & TKO600.
Best of luck!
P.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.