Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having some troubles with the intercooler and front nose not fitting. Have you guys had to cut the nose a bit? How does my IC location look, too high or too low?

·
Registered
747 Posts
thers a guy on here that has the LX bumper and On3 kit that trimed a little but not a whole lot. i think his name was Mkratz he has pics of it installed on lil331coupes build on one of the last pages. i myself am not gona trim it. im gona mount the intercooler where i want it and make the pipeing fit. im not to woried about haveing to cut an reweld the cold pipes for it to work. i also dont have an AC condenser or power stearing lines to deal with.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I don't have a on3 kit but if u send me ur email I will show u pics of my coupe with my front mount. I have it mounted low so it hides the piping. It's bolted under the core support were the bumper bolts mount also. The top is mounted by a brace I fabed up. U can post the pics of my car I just don't know how too. Thanks

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't have a on3 kit but if u send me ur email I will show u pics of my coupe with my front mount. I have it mounted low so it hides the piping. It's bolted under the core support were the bumper bolts mount also. The top is mounted by a brace I fabed up. U can post the pics of my car I just don't know how too. Thanks

[email protected]

·
Registered
747 Posts
I wouldn't touch the bumper support. Your sacrificing safety for a non fitting intercooler
ya my car is a dedicatied drag car that will see minimal steet time. but will allso have 6 or 8 point cage in it as well. like the OP said were talking about the actuall urathane bumper not the bumper supports. im just taking mine off cause i dont need them any more.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After 1 1/2 hours and a few test fits I got the front nose on. I used my 4 1/4 angle grinder and went very slow; no paint was damaged, which makes me very happy. I still havea couple areas in the bottom corner that need a bit of attention, but all is well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts