• Swap a TC 2.3T

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys! I'm back after a few year hiatus! No longer have my HCI 83 GT, went back to my roots, Mopar - 1971 Dodge Demon that now is nearing completion for the season.. SO why not work on the my not the last fox I'll ever own HAHAA

I traded my 99 dodge Durango for a 88 LX hatch 5.0/AOD that has typical bolt on's. Looks rough but is clean. Put about 4,500 miles on it taking road trips and daily driving it.. as well as $2,500 or so cleaning it up as much as possible.

Well fast forward to last week - known about this notch for 2 years sitting for sale in a small town yard, had thought he sold it, but actually drove to a near by town to try to sell it.. I ended up test driving it, and buying it the next day.. swapped my 10 holes on it, and drove it to work to see how well it could clean up.. it cleaned up so well I kinda want to swap my 5.0/8.8 in it (ditching the 2.3 but keeping the T5)

Well the season is over for me and I'm debating on what to do - swap the 5.0 and all the good parts from the hatch or save for a 87/88 2.3T a friend has that's tuned on 16psi and dare to be different..

What should I do!?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
best i can suggest is going with your gut feelings on what YOU want to do. if i had two fox bodies, i would probably build them both for different purposes. for instance the hatch might become a nice daily driver, given the hatch gives it some flexibility for that kind of work.

the notch then would become a back up driver/sleeper/fun car because most people dont expect a notch to be a hot rod.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would love to swap a Coyote in it honestly but can't afford it LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts