Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got it in and got like 300 miles on it. my question is with the shifter that comes on the trans, is there a way to adjust or change the springs that hold it dead in the middle? they are really tight and in my opinion unnecessarily tight or maybe i need a different shifter altogether. when in neutral going in to first takes a good tug to get it in first. any ideas?

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
It should smooth out and loosen up slightly as it breaks in but TKOs tend to feel pretty notchy. What handle are you running on the shifter? Gotta manhandle the beast!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i have the upr trick shift handle with a pistol grip...makes it easier because its taller but when changing gears sometimes its at a bad angle. i have a bullet shifter ball and thats too short. so im just using the stock handle now. think i might actually just make something on my own. i just dont want to spend all this money on stuff that "kind of" works for me.

·
Registered
950 Posts
The stock Tremec shifter is horrible-IMO. I went with a Pro5.0 and it's a much different animal. Also, be sure to back the shifter stops off. Tremec uses internal stops in there trannys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts