Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running this setup? My question is about the length of the driveshaft, I've been told you have to run a spacer, is this true? Is anyone using one of these spacers or would you just get a driveshaft made? Also does the shifter mate up with teh factory hole or is some trimming needed?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Everything should bolt up fine. I didn't use a spacer, but your the second person that has mentioned it. I used the FMS aluminum driveshaft and everything went ok. You shouldn't have to cut where the shifter goes. You do have to move the crossmember forward alittle...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jeremyfo said:
Everything should bolt up fine. I didn't use a spacer, but your the second person that has mentioned it. I used the FMS aluminum driveshaft and everything went ok. You shouldn't have to cut where the shifter goes. You do have to move the crossmember forward alittle...
Thanks, I have the FMS aluminum also and will probably give it a try without the spacer first. Also what about the speedo sensor being electronic on a 2000?

·
Registered
205 Posts
2Kturd said:

Also what about the speedo sensor being electronic on a 2000?

You can buy a Speed Cal from SHM.
That worked fine for me.

Do a search. I think Bob Cosby or someone else just did a excellent write up on this.

Heather

·
Registered
278 Posts
You need an Abbott ERA or speedcal and a VSS assembly out of the older T45's. The part numbers are below. Just plug the VSS in the existing harness.

E9LZ-9E731-A VSS Assembly - 36.14$
C1DZ-17271-A Speedo Gear - 5.77$
C1Dz-17292-A Clip to hold on speedo gear - 0.29$

1 - 5 of 5 Posts