Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dollar for Dollar they look to cost about the same.

What is more durrable for the long haul?

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
TKO hands down, I know some people are going to say the TKO is notchy and doesn't shift well. I have had mine 3 years now and shift it regularly at 66-6800 RPM and its fine. Its notchy because it's made to take the abuse.

·
Premium Member
1,770 Posts
I just got my 600 installed and like it so far, granted it doesn't shift like a t5, but I like the feel.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I broke a g-force on the street, 3rd gear. It was a nice piece but never trusted it. I now have a tko 600 from hanlon with 3rd gear faceplated and i love it, built like a tank and shifts just as good. People hate on the tkos mostly because they dont index the bellhousing or have the clutch adjusted wrong, causing them to shift like garbage.

·
Premium Member
1,770 Posts
I broke a g-force on the street, 3rd gear. It was a nice piece but never trusted it. I now have a tko 600 from hanlon with 3rd gear faceplated and i love it, built like a tank and shifts just as good. People hate on the tkos mostly because they dont index the bellhousing or have the clutch adjusted wrong, causing them to shift like garbage.
Are you running any new shifter or stops on your tko? Or, are you just using the factory shifter?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Are you running any new shifter or stops on your tko? Or, are you just using the factory shifter?
Im running a pro50 shifter. I have a quicktime bellhousing and it was only .002 out when I checked it, i also have a custom made driveshaft. Couldnt be happier with the set-up!!!!

·
Registered
551 Posts
I have g-force and like it, shifts nicely. I don't have anything againgst the TKO's, I do have a friend of mine with a 3o6 turbo stang making 580hp and it broke the mian shaft in a tko-600. It was a 3 months old, They would not cover the main shaft either $$$ came out of his pocket. He drives the car with et streets ALL the time.
I think most of the cheaper manual transmissions like the g-force and tko (both will handle about the same amount of tq) will last pretty good as long as you don't try and plant 600+ hp to the pavement every time. If that's what one plans on doing you would be far better investing in a Liberty manual transmission.

Darrin

·
Banned
6,975 Posts
The TKO600 is stronger by a significant amount but shifts no where near as well and its heavier.

Shoot me a PM if you are interested in a new unit. :salute:

·
Registered
551 Posts
The TKO600 is stronger by a significant amount but shifts no where near as well and its heavier.

Shoot me a PM if you are interested in a new unit. :salute:
I see you deal in both transmissions. What kinda of power (tq/hp figures ) can the tko-600 handle safely with out breaking in a 3000# car with 10.5" slick /4.10gear with a spool and launching at 4800 to 5k?

Thanks Darrin

·
Banned
6,975 Posts
I see you deal in both transmissions. What kinda of power (tq/hp figures ) can the tko-600 handle safely with out breaking in a 3000# car with 10.5" slick /4.10gear with a spool and launching at 4800 to 5k?

Thanks Darrin
An exact number is impossible to say. I would say around 800-850 hp and will live longer behind a N/A or turbo setup than it will leaving on the bottle.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Can someone show me a link to index the bellhouseing for my tko. I havent installed it yet but i wont to do it right the first time. Thanks

·
Registered
551 Posts
Here you go.
http://www.circletrack.com/drivetraintech/ctrp_0404_bellhousing_alignment/index.html

1 - 13 of 13 Posts