Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well one of my flowmaster mufflers just started rattling preety bad. I decided that I am tired of the flowmaster sound, so I'm going to replace both of them with a different setup. What mufflers sound good with an off-road h-pipe?? Im not looking for anything REALLY loud. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Magnaflow catback will be about as loud as your flowmasters(probably a bit more mellow and not as loud). They sound good with my O/R H-pipe and Longtubes... just the sound I was looking for. I had flows on the car with an O/R H-pipe and the noise level and drone was driving me crazy. The Magnaflow catback cost me $330 delivered and it is Stainless Steel, polished mufflers, polished tips. Pretty nice kit for the price... best one out there for the money I think.

This setup is probably a happy medium between the stock exhaust(cats, mufflers, etc) and the O/R H-pipe with 2 chamber flowmasters. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
290 Posts
ive tried dynomax(super turbos), flowmasters (2 chamber), and the new magnaflows.
go for the magnaflows they sound very good.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm sorry, I must have read wrong, are you all saying that your cars are too loud? I didn't know there was such a thing on a Mustang, maybe on a Geo Metro though. I would definitely stay away from the Dynomax, I have heard them and they don't sound quite as good. I haven't heard the magnapacks, but the Borlas also sound good, but are really quite expensive.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am hearing all good things about the Magnaflows. I allready have the flowmaster cat-back system. Would the Magnaflows sound just as good if I welded them into the Flowmaster catback?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have 3 chamber flows and the drone is almost unbarable anytime i left off the gas...i think i want to go with the dynomax straight through cat back so it will fit with my ta/phb that i am getting next summer.

Dave

·
Registered
240 Posts
I keep reading about everyone raving about the Magnaflows, so I'm officially interested. Does anyone have a soundclip? Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts