Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

A friend of mine just picked up 98 Cobra SVT. This car has brand new Cobra R's with Dunlup 5000's 275/40/17's front and rear. He is wondering if the wide stance of the 275's on the front will kick up alot of dirt and cause more chips and damage on the fenders/rockers. If so, should he run a a 245 or 255/45/17 front instead? He could always use the other pair of 275s on the rear when he wears tham out.

Thanks for any input. It's good to get an import guy in to a Mustang so lets help him!! ;)

Thanks

Lou

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
275/40s up front will cause some wander on the roads when there are ruts in the pavement...but then again, the '03 Cobras are coming stock with them all the way around also...I have 245/45's up front and 275/40's in the back...good combo but I have crappy tires on there from when I bought it so I'm going to the stock size all around since I'm getting some DR's on some ARE wheel's for the track anyways...

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
For looks I would go with the 255X45X17 in front, if you don't mind not being able to rotate. Even though 275's in front may cause some front wandering in ruts (as Missouri Guy noted), they will have less understeer at cornering limits for better overall handling. So...looks or auto X handling. MHO

·
Registered
416 Posts
this summer when i get the 03 cobra wheels, i'll be running 255's up front, and 315 nitto d/r's even though they are controversial.....thats what ford was running on the 17x9 mach 1's:evil:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts