Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the largest R-Comp that you can fit on the 2011GT Brembo 19's without rubbing? Anyone know?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Maybe check with Strano? Not sure what he stuffed under his '11 at the Nationals.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Largest that will physically fit the car? Or largest that fit on those wheels properly? Limited choices in 19" stuff as you probably know.

cheers
Ed N.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Vorshlag has a pretty big thread on c-c.com about prepping their '11 GT. I'm pretty sure they immediately went to 18" wheels for weight and tire selection reasons, but you might be able to extrapolate from what they've learned and apply it to 19"s.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Stock offset 19X9" rims? What use, track or autocross?

Sam ran the 295/30-19 on the GT last year, iirc, for autocross.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes this is for autocross. I am exploring the options for R-comps for my 2011GT, especially after the way it handled at its first autocross on street tires yesterday. I am looking to see if you can fit the Brembo's behind 18" rims first, and then, if not, what is the largest tire that I can fit on the 19's without rubbing. These 255 Pirellis are way too small for this car under competitive driving circumstances. I will be hitting a few national tour events this year, so I need to get this tire situation under control now.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Yes, you can put some 18s over the Brembo brakes. Same rotors and calipers as a GT-500 (other than appearance), and they have 18" as OEM. So any of the 07-10 OEM GT-500 wheels, and some aftermarket wheels from Steeda, Enkei and others in 18" will clear. Then you can get 275/40R18, or other more common rubber than 19".

cheers
Ed N.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Yes this is for autocross. I am exploring the options for R-comps for my 2011GT, especially after the way it handled at its first autocross on street tires yesterday. I am looking to see if you can fit the Brembo's behind 18" rims first, and then, if not, what is the largest tire that I can fit on the 19's without rubbing. These 255 Pirellis are way too small for this car under competitive driving circumstances. I will be hitting a few national tour events this year, so I need to get this tire situation under control now.
Keep in mind, if you want to run SCCA F stock, you have to run 19X9" rims (+/- 1/4" oem offset), as they were the only wheel available with the Brembo package.

For me, given your intended use, it would be a no brainer: 295/30-19 Hoosier A6 (at least until Goodyear has their new autocross compound out in the correct size...then it might be another story).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts