Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys....

I have a 1995 Mustang GTS that I have been autocrossing for about a season now, I started with a set of brand new Kuhmo V710's in size 275/40/17.... I really like the grip levels of these tires, but the cost is over $250 a tire and they are wearing quite fast....

I would like to go down in the cost and hopefully have them last a bit longer, I know that tires are a compromise, so I am expecting grip to go down along with this, I want to stay on a R compound.... what is out there.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Kumho is about as cheap as you're gonna get. Maybe try the old Victoracer or the V700 Ecsta's. Any other R-comp(below/at 100 treadwear)is gonna be around 200$ and wear appx. the same.

·
Registered
211 Posts
How long have they lasted? When I had a Mustang that I ran in FS, I got 160 runs out of a set and the very last event I ran on them was one of my better finishes up to that point. With the Mazda 3 that I now run in HS, I don't rotate tires and still saw 120 runs on the fronts out of my V710's and several hundred street miles. I think that is pretty good. They get old and hard before they cord.

From my experiences, the Victoracers/V700's are much slower and wear just as fast, maybe faster.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts