Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the track for the first time last wed, and tomorrow I will go again. First time to the track and best was a 14.62 at 99mph with a 2.2 60' and .671 reaction. the car seemed strong but my tires are horrible!! plastic and dont even have a brand name on them..... is there anything I can do to get some lower times?? I run the back tires at about 35psi, adn I do have H&R springs so I know they are not really meant for drag racing, just wondering if there were any little tricks, thanks!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
decrease your back tires to like 28psi and make sure your fronts are full.. then take out your spare and jack and all.. maybe even your passenger seat if you want to.. any weight you can get rid of the better.. also do a burnout to get off all the crap on your tires expecially if you were in grass before you lined/staged up

·
Registered
145 Posts
times

I droped my Radials down to 20 PSI.. I have 4.10's and a blower so its very hard to hook, I launch just above idol, and roll the cluthc and feather the gas, as soon as she bites I nail it.. she usually sticks pretty good, I granny second to keep the tires from breakin loose, and then hold it to the floor the rest of the way down.. 1.98 60FT is my best... take out the tire and jack.. thats all i did.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's just it, I don't have drag radials so I'm wondering if there is anything else I can do, I think I will take the seat out, kinda a pain with the subframes though.....

·
Registered
189 Posts
I run 40psi in the fronts, get to the track and lower the rears to 24 to 26psi, sometimes even down to 20, depending on how it hooks. Hold throttle around 3k, feather the clutch hard, flooring it. Best 60' is a 1.997 on sumitomo HTRZ II 275 40 17's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts