Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey dudes, whats up?! im fixin to get started on my remote mounted turbo system on a foxbody.. im not lookin for the kinda advice where people are just gonna down my idea, im gonna do it regardless of what the nay-sayers will say.. i have a turbonetics ball bearing 62 mm, shes beautiful... lol anyway i am planning on coming out of my off road h pipe with a y pipe to 3 inch stainless to go into the turbo, all with v-band stuff and 3 inch out and "y" into my flowmaster 3 inch muffler back tailpipes, my turbo will hang where one of my mufflers are from the factory, either passenger or driver, havent gotten that far yet.. im building a remote oil system just for the turbo. should i intercool it or just go straight into the throttle body and run water/meth?my turbo compressor outlet is 2.5", could i run 2.5 from the turbo to the IC or TB(depending on whether or not i use a intercooler) then transition to 3 when i get to the IC or TB, or transition to 3 inch at the turbo and run 3 from turbo to IC or TB. im sorta new to the turbo game, besides our 85 SVO, expecially a whole custom build by myself and some of my welder buddies.. also i need my MAF b4 the air is compressed right? any other ideas yall guys have would be greatly appriciated! my motor is all new balanced all forged, studded heads, o-ringed, tfs fox lake stage 2 cnc'd intake exhaust and chambers, bbk ssi upper and lower with a 75mm TB, i was thinkin about goin to a 85 or so TB? i have no idea on what kind of plugs to run either, ill be running 10-18 psi depending on what kinda mood im in.. ;-) im probably still missing something i havent typed im sure! thanks in advance for your input!

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks! took lots of work and time but shes all worth it. all she needs now is my turbo and itll b sexier! ha

·
Registered
80 Posts
Don't know if you are or not, but do not run long tubes with a remote mount turbo. It only increases lag time due to the exhaust gases have to fill a larger volume before it will build enough pressure to spool the turbo. We found out about this the hard way with my buds sts trans am

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool! i have equal length shorties! i could see how long tubes would do that! thanks bud

·
Registered
160 Posts
I know of a local car that switched the off road pipe out for a stock catted h pipe and the twin set up spooled 1k earlier. It seems that the remote kits like heat and restriction to get the wheel spinnin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts