Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulling my PMS this weekend and was wondering where should I start my base timing? Right now I'm running about 14psi. I'll probaly crank it back down to 7psi. until I get it on the dyno again. Thanks for any help. -Jeff

·
Registered
606 Posts
if you want to get rid of the pms for decently cheap....let me know.
As for timing, first off, are you running an aluminum head?
If so, I would say at 7psi you could run somewhere around 9-10° base timing on pump gas. It would be a good starting point anyways. You car definitely has a ton more hp in it somewhere juding by the #'s and all so it must be in there somewhere :D.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
92fastlx, Yes I am running edelbrock rpm's. I would think a 306 with edelbrock rpm heads and intake, f-cam and cartech ss would put more power to the ground. I do have the t64e and the cartech renegade fuel system so i'm not lacking in boost or fuel. It's got be the tune in the PMS. Thanks for the help. I'll start out at 9deg. and go from there. -Jeff

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just read a great thread over on the supercharger forum about removing the spout connector and running like that. That extra timing would really help me out down low. Do you think setting base at 25 with 7psi be just about right? I know every car is different. What about at 14psi? What should I set it then? Is there any rule of thumb about how much total vise psi.? By the way I/m running 8.5to1 cr. Thanks. Jeff

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
25 total sounds a little high for pump gas. I have a chip burned for my car it has 2 sides 16 total for pump and 23 total for race gas. Although it is a fairly mild tune it makes great power. I would think the problem with pulling the spout out is all that timming at peak torque (3,500-4,000). I think you might have "tip in " detonation doing that but I guess you could try it. I would'nt set it @ 25 if you plan on running pump gas. But then again I run Iron heads, non-intercooled, 9:1 Cr.....

Jeremy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts