Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Fordstrokers 363 with trickflow 190 11R heads and Fordstrokers custom grind. The intake is a trickflow R series with a 75mm tb. The car will be on E85. The car is 98% street car 2% strip car. The transmission is a TKO shifted between 6-6500. My question is would a Ti trim or a ysi be best suited for my goals of 700-800whp?

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a very similar combination. I'm running a Ti trim on a 347 from fordstrokers with a less aggressive cam on 9.3 compression with e85. It sounds like I have very similar goals with the car being a street driven car the vast majority of the time as yourself.

I had the car dynoed with a 2.95 upper pulley, Edelbrock rpm intake, and shorty 1 5/8th headers 2.5-exhaust and it made 664 at 5700 rpm. I'm now going with a smaller 2.85 pulley which will overspin the blower by 1400 rpm at 6500 engine rpm (I'm planning on shifting at 6,000 on the street) as well as switching to a Holley Systemax 2 intake. My tuner is expecting about 720hp with that, but I should know within a few weeks the exact number.

Next step for me is updating the exhaust to 1 3/4 mid-length headers and 3-inch exhaust and I'm hoping I'll end up slightly over 750whp.

I know it's possible to hit 800+ if you're okay spinning the blower harder and not as street focused with the engine build/cam but my car idles great, should have great ground clearance with mid-length headers and it all fits under a stock SN95 hood.

In my opinion the Ti trim is the perfect street blower, granted I've never run the YSI, but I'm running a V2 which makes no whine and you'd think the car is a 13-second car if you didn't know any better. Plus how much over 500-600hp can you use on the street?

I don't see a lot of people running the Ti-trim it seems like it's the SI or Ysi for the more serious guys.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm just using the Vortech supplied 8-rib crank pulley which I believe is 6.87-inches. I'm running an AFM tensioner to help eliminate belt slip.

Unfortunately there aren't a lot of options for crank pulleys on the 94-95 cars, especially the Cobra because it had underdrive pullies from the factory.

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Ti for those power goals. Hope you have the compression up around at least 10:1 to really be able to take advantage of the E85 with boost.

Not apples to apples but with a 10:75:1 compression 427 windsor and just 8 psi from a normal T trim I made 726rwhp on pump 93/meth injection. I would think with less cubes but more boost and on E85 your goal wouldnt be too tough at all with a Ti.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sorry to go off topic, but what’s your accessory/pully setup? I see you have a Cobra & I’m having tensioner issues.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have a very similar combination. I'm running a Ti trim on a 347 from fordstrokers with a less aggressive cam on 9.3 compression with e85. It sounds like I have very similar goals with the car being a street driven car the vast majority of the time as yourself.

I had the car dynoed with a 2.95 upper pulley, Edelbrock rpm intake, and shorty 1 5/8th headers 2.5-exhaust and it made 664 at 5700 rpm. I'm now going with a smaller 2.85 pulley which will overspin the blower by 1400 rpm at 6500 engine rpm (I'm planning on shifting at 6,000 on the street) as well as switching to a Holley Systemax 2 intake. My tuner is expecting about 720hp with that, but I should know within a few weeks the exact number.

Next step for me is updating the exhaust to 1 3/4 mid-length headers and 3-inch exhaust and I'm hoping I'll end up slightly over 750whp.

I know it's possible to hit 800+ if you're okay spinning the blower harder and not as street focused with the engine build/cam but my car idles great, should have great ground clearance with mid-length headers and it all fits under a stock SN95 hood.

In my opinion the Ti trim is the perfect street blower, granted I've never run the YSI, but I'm running a V2 which makes no whine and you'd think the car is a 13-second car if you didn't know any better. Plus how much over 500-600hp can you use on the street?

I don't see a lot of people running the Ti-trim it seems like it's the SI or Ysi for the more serious guys.
That seems like great street setup. I think you probably will gain a good bit once you open up the exhaust (including noise), and I also agree that it's hard to put much more power to use on the street, so that really is about the sweet spot.

I think my mustang wants to be like yours when it grows up. :wink2:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ti for those power goals. Hope you have the compression up around at least 10:1 to really be able to take advantage of the E85 with boost.

Not apples to apples but with a 10:75:1 compression 427 windsor and just 8 psi from a normal T trim I made 726rwhp on pump 93/meth injection. I would think with less cubes but more boost and on E85 your goal wouldnt be too tough at all with a Ti.
I agree with this, I was definitely overly conservative with a 9.3 compression ratio and most guys are running 10:1 if they plan on running e85 all the time. I'm sure I left some power on the table with that.

10:1 is a great compression ratio for an e85 only vehicle.

·
Registered
58 Posts

That seems like great street setup. I think you probably will gain a good bit once you open up the exhaust (including noise), and I also agree that it's hard to put much more power to use on the street, so that really is about the sweet spot.

I think my mustang wants to be like yours when it grows up. /forums/images/Corral_net_2015/smilies/tango_face_wink.png
Thanks, my goal is to be capable of running 9s on a stick shift I can drive anywhere. So if I miss I'm still running 10s. There can be a lot worse things that happen to you in life.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts