Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody elses do this? Mine whistles at idle and we just fired up my buddies new On3 car and his whistles too. Pretty annoying. Both cars started out not whistling and then started shortly after the first drive. Anyone know how to shut them up? Mine is a Summit brand 70mm throttle body, his is a BBK 70mm throttle body.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I have a BBK 70mm The shop that did mine said it whistled bad..they fixed it sealed up everything..i think they said it was where the IAC was that was making noise...

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a BBK 70mm The shop that did mine said it whistled bad..they fixed it sealed up everything..i think they said it was where the IAC was that was making noise...
I wish it was that easy. My Megasquirt doesn't use the IAC, so mine is deleted.

·
Registered
705 Posts
It is the hole on the inside of the throttle body for the iac i have seen people dremal the edges off to get it to stop. Kinda like blowing on bottle

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Yea even blocked off it will still whistle. Need to polish out the edges. My bbk 70 was bad but I dis alittle work and can tell a difference but still have a small whistle.

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
Check for a vacuum leak elsewhere also. My upper-lower intake gasket was screaming like a supercharger when it had a leak.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
my bbk does this. i dremeled the iac opening and its still there. anyone have pucs of what they did to get it to stop?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts