Ford Mustang Forums banner

thoughts on a stg 1 powered coupe

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  KPSVO 
#1 ·
long story short....i have 455 buick motor setting around collecting dust and started thinking of putting it back in a g-body when the phone rang one of my friends called and offered me killer deal on his coupe...quick parts run down....aje k-member control arms coil over and cc kit...8.8 rear end 3.73 gear,cowl hood,weld super lites fattys and skinnys,qtr stick for a turbo trans,auto meter gauges,10 inch conv. for th,10 point comp. eng. cage,the car has very nice body and i dont see much of a problem putting the 455 in it since its not much bigger than a small block chevy and actually weighs very close also and has factory 15 degree heads on them...i'm thinking it would be a neat set up with the buick motor...so what do you guys think NEAT OR A STUPID IDEAL....

#3 ·
the good....size and weight of a small block chevy,455 cubic inches,15 degree heads from the factory,the originol hemi killer.....lol.....the bad...oiling system,expensive motors to build,not as much aftermarket support for them.....i was thinking since i already have one and it makes good power it would be a interesting project.....im going to run the exhaust out the back like factory and make it a driver....the buick motor has a great sounding cam that sounds and revs just like a small block.....

#7 ·
lets put it in pbh so you can ride some wheelies....but if i put it in my car i'll tell hateallday it has cleveland heads on it so he wont lose no sleep....lol

#9 ·
The only thing about those Olds / Buick blocks is they have Siamesed cylinders in the two center positions on each bank. They can have over heating issues and suffer from bore distortion / egg shaping.

Rebuilding with boring the cylinders isn't good as there is very little material to work with in stock form.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.