Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering how many quarts initially of Mercon V that you put in? Stock is around 10 quarts or so? If so, then how many additional quarts will this pan require? I just want to ensure I have enough tranny fluid if I ever get to the part where I'll be filling it up.

Before anyone asks, yes I filled the converter up before installing :)

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
big swede said:
I wasn't there when mine was filled but I dropped off 15 quarts (1 case plus 3) and that was enough. I had the PA pan, converter and transmission cooler done all at one time.
big swede,
Thanks for the reply. I suspect then that I'll need at least 12+ quarts? Also, how do you like your PI 2800 stall? I have the 3100 and not sure it's enough for my combo.... what are your thoughts on this? Also what kind of #'s/Dyno's you getting through the auto?

One other question... did you get their valve body or just the shift kit and what do you think of their work? I visited there and talked with Gerald for a while... very impressed and they had me in and out (took my whole tranny apart and put new valve body and some other stuff in to make it much stronger) and also the larger trans pan in less then 2 hours.

Thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
87 Posts
I really like the converter but if it was my car I would probably go with a little higher stall. I didn't want to make it too radical because it is my wifes daily driver. I also figured it is at it lowest hp right now and as I add power to the car the stall will also go up.

It only made 213hp with the exhaust in my sig as the only power enhancer. After the tune by Jerry W. it made 226hp and 266torque. I have since added UD pulleys so it might make 230hp. I have larger valves with new springs sitting on my workbench since my cams didn't arrive in time for the dyno tune.

I don't have any shift kit or valve body but Jerry did increase the line pressure. I can get a nice 2nd gear chirp under full throttle. I would like to get the PA valve body to firm them up just a little. Maybe when it is due for a fluid change (one big benefit of the PA pan is the drain plug).
Later

1 - 4 of 4 Posts