Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad has a 1997 cobra vert. as do I. We now have the exact same mods as he just ordered everything that I have on my car except he has the MAGNAFLOW catback w/ bassani X-cats and I have BORLA catback w/ bassani X-cats. I drove the car home from the shop for him and compared the two exhaust tones. Let me first say that the MAGNAFLOWS sounded great and looked great. I am very happy with my BORLAS as well. I have to say that the BORLAS sound quite a bit louder.

Both systems sound much different than FLOWSTOPPERS which I had on before the BORLAS. The tone is more more exotic and they neither system DRONES like the FLOWMASTER Muffs.

Just wanted those to know that were considering the purchase of either system that they both sound great but the BORLAS are significantly louder.

·
Registered
20 Posts
RICK974V said:
My dad has a 1997 cobra vert. as do I. We now have the exact same mods as he just ordered everything that I have on my car except he has the MAGNAFLOW catback w/ bassani X-cats and I have BORLA catback w/ bassani X-cats. I drove the car home from the shop for him and compared the two exhaust tones. Let me first say that the MAGNAFLOWS sounded great and looked great. I am very happy with my BORLAS as well. I have to say that the BORLAS sound quite a bit louder.

Both systems sound much different than FLOWSTOPPERS which I had on before the BORLAS. The tone is more more exotic and they neither system DRONES like the FLOWMASTER Muffs.

Just wanted those to know that were considering the purchase of either system that they both sound great but the BORLAS are significantly louder.
Get an O/R X pipe and then you'll really see how loud Borla is.

·
Registered
353 Posts
What gears are your cars running. I just installed the magna flows on my 97GT and the drone with the 3:73's is killing me. I am also running the Bassani X with cats and the svo heads and a vortech. Lots of go but the drone has to be fixed. I am thinking of going back to the stock cat-back.

Marc

·
Registered
173 Posts
If your Dad's Magnaflows are new they'll get louder over time. My Borlas started off pretty quiet but they're quite loud now.

·
Registered
173 Posts
If your Dad's Magnaflows are new they'll get louder over time. My Borlas started off pretty quiet but they're quite loud now.

·
Registered
560 Posts
since when are borla's loud. I remember when i first put my flowmasters on, I saw this guy with the same car as me except he had a borla catback. He was so pissed be cause he loved the way mine sounded and when he would rev it you could barely hear anything. It looked like he had borla but it sounded like it was stock !! ANd I can't imagine how much he spent on those things!!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Hehe

He won't be pissed when all the Flowmaster guys are replacing their exhaust and his stainless Borlas are shining like new :) And they are loud; I had a set and I miss 'em. I like the Flowmaster sound as well. Just different sounds, all good!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We are both running 3.73 gears.

As I mentioned several times in my first post, I was comparing MAGNAFLOWS and BORLA catbacks. I said that the borla system is louder than the magnaflow system that is it. The flowmasters are louder than the borla system in my opinion but I like the borla/magnaflow sound much better. I was also one of those persons who got the carparts.com deal on the borla system a couple of years ago, where it was ½ price, and not many people on this board passed that up.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Rick,
I am really curious , why you or your father don't get the 2100 rpm drone from the cat back system. I am running the bassani's with cats , 3:73's , and the Magna flows. The drone at 2100, i.e. about 60mph, drives me nuts. I usually end up with a headache.
The only other difference is that I am running the blower and SVO heads.
Marc

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I have NO drone with my magnaFLOW catback. However I am running Longtubes and an O/R Shorty H-pipe in a Cobra.

I am starting to like the sound of the Magnaflows and the more people that say "I love the sound of your exhaust" the more I will like it.... I think ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just cant seem to comprehend all of this "drone at 2100 BS" I guess the magnapacks and dr gas x are pleasing to my ears

1 - 11 of 11 Posts