Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those running single turbos on their cars, how did you rig the exhaust system so that you go back to a dual exhaust setup? Or any of you guys decided to run a single exhaust???

·
Registered
594 Posts
I just went with a custom 3.5" single through a Borla XR1 muffler and dumped it at the axle. I have a GT though so you never really saw my exhaust pipes anyways. I am really happy with the setup though.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Heres mine its a single turbo with a C4 tranny and dual exhaust

·
Registered
257 Posts
Mine uses PTK's y-pipe back to the Magnaflow after-cat system. It's tight, but still clears the AOD. Sorry, don't have any pics though.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
This is my car. It tucks up pretty nice, but it could be higher. No interference with anything, though.
Didn't know you were on here Greg. >:p I love your build. I was wondering where did you get the y pipe/collector/splitter thingy?! I could definitely use one. Open DP is getting on my nerves...it sounds like its going to explode. :rofl:

·
4,305 Posts
I did a Y off of the 3" downpipe. The Y went into a cut 2.5 H-pipe that I gutted the cats on and then that went into a catback. I believe I had to take out the H in the h-pipe due to some tranny issues but would not have been an issue with a T5 or AOD or something with similar dimensions.

·
Formerly known as 20thAniv
1,275 Posts
I used one 3" U pipe and then cut up my old 2 1/2" H pipe to make this.

·
Registered
576 Posts
For those running single turbos on their cars, how did you rig the exhaust system so that you go back to a dual exhaust setup? Or any of you guys decided to run a single exhaust???
I run a single 3'' over-axle. I got the 3'' flowmaster over-axle tail pipe kit Sold the passenger side) and had a custom pipe connecting that to my DP made. I also run a Borla muffler. Car is quiet for what it is.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts