Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ALL DAY THOMPSON TRACK DAY on a SATURDAY... June 4th... ONLY $275....C.A.R.T in Cooperation with NER SCCA will be putting on a full day Track Day/Time Trial. Lots of track time. and a TT... Only $275... Enjoying the SCCA Track Nights in America? Step up to a full day!...Its fun and a bargain..Never done a track day? This is a great first try.. . Don't wait, it's coming up fast... Get signed up at CARTCT.com Just follow the track links... See you there.

Any problems with getting signed up you can email me personally at
[email protected]

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Will there be any instruction for first-timers?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes there will be instructors as well as three separate run groups. A, B, C. C will be for novices and A + B will be decided during sign in in the morning and progress throughout the day.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome! Come look for me in the laser pink sn95 #81

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Video? Pictures? You can't just say that and then leave us hangin'!! :p

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
I hover my mouse over those but they aren't links. I guess if they can't be posted here I'll just live without seeing them.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I plan on making it to a TNiA at Thompson some time this year. I actually emailed them to make sure they would let me bring my car since their info says they want to avoid dedicated race cars.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I plan on making it to a TNiA at Thompson some time this year. I actually emailed them to make sure they would let me bring my car since their info says they want to avoid dedicated race cars.
What ive seen a pirelli world challenge mustang there, and soem sort of formula car, and a legend midget thing, i wouldnt worry about having a "track car" #### my fox is a "track car" with license plates.

I want to check out palmer by you in MA~!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Like I said, I emailed them for clarification, even sent a picture. They were more worried that the car was registered and inspected and could meet sound (it blows 89db at 75 feet in 2nd gear during auto-xes).

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I just registered for Thursday's TNiA at Palmer in MA, work/drive as I just want to do one session get my feet wet (haven't been on track in a while and the recently have sorted out car's issues).

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I think I am heading to Thompson for next week's TNiA. Will probably do the work/drive thing again for $35; 1 session is enough on a new-to-me track on my street tires for now.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Well, forget the street tires; I picked up a set of used Michelin 27/65-18 GT/Touring slicks to put on my 18*10s (Michelin's tire guide says these want 11s!). Going to do 1 session at Thompson on Thursday afternoon with TNiA. Car has 3.55s, I'm assuming it is mostly a 3rd gear course with some tight 2nd gear turns.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Well, forget the street tires; I picked up a set of used Michelin 27/65-18 GT/Touring slicks to put on my 18*10s (Michelin's tire guide says these want 11s!). Going to do 1 session at Thompson on Thursday afternoon with TNiA. Car has 3.55s, I'm assuming it is mostly a 3rd gear course with some tight 2nd gear turns.
Mostly 3rd gear, I go into 2nd around the hairpin and i tried going into second for turn 1, however i think i want to go into turn 1 much harder next time and carry more speed which would keep me in 3rd. I shift into 4th at the crest of the hill on the main straight coming out of turn 11

1 - 20 of 44 Posts