Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm not kidding. I have the Bullitt intake on my car. My original engine was replaced at 2.5 K. (NOT GOOD) So I asked the dealer to install a Bullit Intake if I bought it on the replacement motor. They did it took them a month to get the parts. It cost me $1700 in parts and $165 in labor.
I got it back yesterday. With 200 mi on it I finally took it up to 5700 RPM tonite. It pulls harder up top.
So with long tubes it should easily pu 300 hp to the rw?!?!

·
Registered
335 Posts
RavenGT said:

Ok, let me rephrase what I previously stated: BULLSHIIT!

You are lucky to be making 245-255 at the wheels. Don't trust ricer math, you will lose every time.

joe
HAHAHA come on Joe give the guy a break, someone fed him a line of crap!! he needs to put it on an dyno and see his #s. 245-250 sound about right, and as for the Bullitt the both HP and TQ look really low I would be pissed if I put the that much money into my car and put out those numbers.

Hey Joe you plan on running at any Moroso T&T's I want to see you car run?
Russ

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I knew after I read it that it wasnt a 70mm.It did have the bbk bigger tb 57 or 60 I think,but it was a bbk tb.Im just used to talkin about 70mm vs stock.My bad.

Your bullitt will be at 240-250rwhp with longtubes,put some mac dumps under there too and maybe 255,you never know,but 300 it will not be!
JOEL

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
89FOX said:
Hey Joe you plan on running at any Moroso T&T's I want to see you car run?
Russ
Russ, yeah, after I get the GT up and running again, I will try to get down there to hang with Mr. Bill and all the south Florida guys. Rear is pretty busted up right now. So hopefully soon we will be runnin again.

joe

·
Registered
470 Posts
After I get the headswap, should I sell my house on Long Island and move to Fla. to begin my racing career against Joe and Bill?

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
31 Posts
my bad

You are right. I should have maybe 300 at the crank, 260 at the RW. I was pretty tired yesterday. So I must humble myself.
I just modifiled my snorkel and reset the EEC. It really woke up my car. I cut off the snorkel just past the fenderwall. Louder too. My car sticks at 1600 for a second before it goes down to idle. Is it still just relearning the idle?

Sorry for the ill #s last night
B.S. (those are actually my initials)

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
mrvax said:
After I get the headswap, should I sell my house on Long Island and move to Fla. to begin my racing career against Joe and Bill?

:rolleyes:
Don't exactly know the tone that this was written in, so I will refrain from saying **** you, just in case you were being funny, and not a smartass

joe

·
Registered
31 Posts
JOEL,
Right now I'm assuming the same HP as a stock Bullitt. I want LT and H pipe with cats, leaving the stock GT cat back. What LTs, H pipes do you reccomend?
I've been looking at BBks, Macs and Kooks. I want to do it right once, and pass emisions.
Do different LTs make different HP /TQ? Won't all LTs make similair power?
Ben

·
Registered
470 Posts
RavenGT said:

Don't exactly know the tone that this was written in, so I will refrain from saying **** you, just in case you were being funny, and not a smartass

joe
Not a smartass. I see all the fun you guys are having. That's not really possible here with the traffic, emmision laws and lack of tracks.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
rgnar: Ive personally only seen two types of longtubes,MAC,BBK.
The BBK's are better quality,they were put on this bullitt first and picked up 7hp but later when the aftermarket catback went on the hp went up another 5-6hp and I think some of those horses were still from the bbk lt.The mac lt were put on a 98 with lots of bolt ons,and they were put on as his last mod.This guy piched up 23rwhp from them,but remember gains only come when you uncork a restriction,the exhaust is the biggest restriction in the bullitt and I guess the air filter.Hooker also came out with some lt and were helped by sean hyland motorsports,Im going to put those on my car because they are not going to have to be removed if my clutch or tranny go out,dont know if they are coated or not Im waitin to see what some people on here get hp wise from the hookers.Each car is diff. I dont think the MAC are your last set of header quality!But MAC has done me wrong yet,If you want econ. go with mac lt,mac pro-chamber h-pipe,mac pro dumps,Your car will sound BADAXX.If you want the more is less in the longrun approach go with BBK,HOOKERSand sometype of stain less exhaust.But who wants something to last forever and your taste might change????If you keep the stock mufflers you wont get all the headers have to offer hp and tq. wise.

JOEL

21 - 36 of 36 Posts