Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the amount of money ive spent so far to wire up my race car is NUTS!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
957 Posts
I feel you, Ive been lucky as im a machinist and I build my switch panel and engraved it here at work. Picked up some cole herse hd rocker switches. We use oil and water resistant wire here so for last few years everytime I see a piece in scrap bin long enough to amount to anything I take it home. But im still after buying switches,relays,fuse panel,and wire connectors im prob 175.00 in.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i really wanted a grid but i couldnt pass up the deal i got on a 7531 which should do everything i need. im only going to run 1 kit so i dont need 5 retards... and im not putting a racepak in it

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what did you spend so far and btw it looks pretty
honestly... i have no idea. i stopped paying attention what ive spent on this car. can say every time to turn around im spending 20 bucks here... 50 bucks here. i know i still need a big solid state relay which isnt going to be cheap. and a 70 amp relay which also wont be cheap.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh i know lol

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
I feel your pain. I just converted the power steering lines to SS/AN fittings and spent $600 figuring it out...aarrgg...

ks

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Wiring. One of the most expensive, time consuming tasks in building a hotrod. I hate wiring, but I love it too. One can get creative with it. One can also use it to completely destroy (burn) a hundred grand's worth of other parts if the wiring ain't right.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea... made a lot more room under the dash lol

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
honestly... i have no idea. i stopped paying attention what ive spent on this car. can say every time to turn around im spending 20 bucks here... 50 bucks here. i know i still need a big solid state relay which isnt going to be cheap. and a 70 amp relay which also wont be cheap.

Build it out of FET's. You can parallel FET's and make a real high current "relay".

70 amp relays are cheap, if mechanical.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Build it out of FET's. You can parallel FET's and make a real high current "relay".

70 amp relays are cheap, if mechanical.
going to have to look into that...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts