Ford Mustang Forums banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
I still list stuff for sale on Craiglist and Facebook, but in the last year or two I've gotten way more hits on Facebook. Craigslist charges money to list vehicles for sale now, which is probably another nail in its coffin.

·
USAF retired
9,016 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #65

·
Registered
304 Posts
So...when I hotlink images it looks like the forum now auto-uploads them and rehosts them itself?

I've had forums steal my images, add their watermark, and repackage them as technical content before.

I've had forums ban me, but try and keep all of the images and technical content I'd added.

I've seen multiple forums that suffered database corruption and all self-hosted images were lost. All of my threads were fine because I had hosted my own images.

For a casual user I suppose it's easier to just let the forum host the images, but for someone putting a lot of time into their content or for someone worried about the longevity and ownership of their content, this isn't ideal. Is it a setting I can disable on my posts?

·
Registered
10,742 Posts
I get and totally support the right to copyright or protect, it was just never something a cared that much about. I visited your site and liked your videos - well done. I've put a **** ton of time into the technical stuff I've done over the years but I never cared who picked it up or where it got shared. I've even found people claiming they did the tech.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts