Ford Mustang Forums banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
My mine gripe is the act of throwing ads in in the middle of forum posts.

Here i am scrolling down reading a thread on water pumps and then wondering why a poster it talking about All-State insurance.
No ads here. Desktop/laptop viewing, Firefox with Ad Blocker Plus at home, Chrome with whatever ad blocking the work network does at work.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I dont like this new format either. To the point to where I used to be on here 4 or 5 times a day and not its maybe once a week....maybe some of the admins will see that most of us are unhappy with and either change it back or make it a option

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
My one main gripe is I had a one button link among my bookmarks, that used to take me to the page showing recent activity for watched threads. Now you have get onto the site, and hit the new button, and that can be set to show all activity, or just your watched stuff, etc. It's a little longer process that used to be one total click. It's minor, but it is a big enough deal to put people off.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
My one main gripe is I had a one button link among my bookmarks, that used to take me to the page showing recent activity for watched threads. Now you have get onto the site, and hit the new button, and that can be set to show all activity, or just your watched stuff, etc. It's a little longer process that used to be one total click. It's minor, but it is a big enough deal to put people off.
Click on your icon in the upper right and then click alerts, that should take you to any activity, if I'm understanding what you are after

·
Registered
302 Posts
My bookmark takes me straight to my watched threads so there are no extra clicks when I get here.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
My bookmark takes me straight to my watched threads so there are no extra clicks when I get here.
I got it set now, I had to change the filter choice, and then re-save that page as a new bookmark, plus delete the old one.

·
Registered
302 Posts
The ads suck big time but this site is here to make money, so they won't be going anywhere - and it might get much worse.......
I have no qualms with content creators and question answerers like yourself running adblock on horrendous ads like these. The forum wouldn't exist if there weren't people here every day giving good answers and info for free. You shouldn't be providing free answers, generating quality forum content, and ALSO paying for it through ad views. Let the people who come here for help and benefit from the 20 years of knowledge see the ads and make money for the forum owners.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
But how do you determine who is giving good answers and who it getting "free" information so you can target who sees the adds and who does not? The whole premise of forums is the free exchange of information/knowledge. The bills need to get paid. I get that. As long as it isn't too intrusive, I think pretty much everyone can accept that.

·
Registered
406 Posts
When I do searches based on time, I find stuff more recent then it quickly goes back to 2014 so there seems to be a big missing gap between recent and 2014.
Yep, I noticed that too. I really hope that data can be recovered!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Is there a way to see all my previous posts? There used to be, and I would go back and reference some great info/advice I was given. I do a search on my user name and only my most recent thread shows up.....?
I don't want to have to ask all those same stupid questions again.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts