1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
617 Posts
Its nice to see something out there thats bigger than a mustang once in awhile. At our last "Octoberfast" AutoX there was a Cadillac CTS-V doing fun runs, for its size that car could really move. Mustangs are usually the biggest cars at our meets along with a camaro or T/A the rest are miatas, S2000s, CRXs etc etc.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
2k2GT said:
I struggled as usually with totally SM prepared ( :shakehead ) Mustang GT. :rolleyes: RAW time/finish was boosting however! :leghump: :joy: :evil: :cool:
Yeah looks like you really sucked, LOL. Only FTD in the real cars and second overall behind a race cart with 63 entries.

Good job as usual.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The guy in the Impala is a really good driver. I consider myself pretty good, but I honestly don't think I could pilot/navigate that big vehicle around our mostly small/tight courses.

I hadn't autox'd in what seemed like forever, and I was glad to see I could put together some good/consistent runs, minus my first run spin :crying: ( http://www.etrscca.org/soloii/results/2005/regional_11_fin.htm ) without showing alota "rust".

We were first run group out, and the course has alota dust/gravel that needed to be brushed off. I got my best run on my 4th attempt of 5 total.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Han Solo said:
Yeah looks like you really sucked, LOL. Only FTD in the real cars and second overall behind a race cart with 63 entries.

Good job as usual.
Well thanks for the kind words man. Sun shines on a dog's ass every now and then. :)

I was hoping for a 33.999 run, but I honestly don't think "I"(the driver)had it in me. Pretty sure the car was capable, I just had to let up in the the Chicago Box area, and also got hesitant in the last 2 cones of the slalom leading toward the finish.

It was one of those things you have runnin' through your head: "You have a good run so far........DON'T BLOW IT!!!" :)

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
2k2GT said:
We were first run group out, and the course has alota dust/gravel that needed to be brushed off.
Gravel sucks. Our site always has lots of it. I even found some under my intake manifold when I changed it. Gets in my springs and pops and cracks for a few days after each event. Thank goodness it's not always THIS bad.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I remember you posting that pic at another time HAN!!! I was like, "Holy hell........thats a RALLY-X!!!" :)

·
Registered
617 Posts
Holy toledo batman and I thought our old runway/auto X course had a few bad spots and loose sections of cement. Thats insane! :eeek:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
When I ran an auto-x back in May there was an old man who drove his 1985 Grand Marquis on the course. The car was in great shape and was pretty tight (as tight as a Grand Marquis can get).

·
Registered
211 Posts
2k2GT said:
I just had to let up in the the Chicago Box area, and also got hesitant in the last 2 cones of the slalom leading toward the finish.
You've got too many mods/too much power. :p I was able to flatfoot both of those parts. :idunno: I kinda feel like I blew my once in a lifetime opportunity at FTD PAX. :crying: Oh well, it was fun while it lasted, back to mediocrity for me! :joy:

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd rather approach a turn at 70mph and hafta use the brakes, than approach the same turn at 40mph and keep it flat footed. :) :joy: :p

·
Registered
391 Posts
In Corpus, there is a guy that will show up every now and then in his Marauder. Very surprising. Great motor in that thing.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
sjrife1 said:
Good Lord, Hans!

When you guys report to your work assignment do you get safety googles to go with your radio and red flag?
That pic was on a day when it was the worst it's ever been. Not usually that bad but you do need to wear eye protection in the car. It's not unusual to get hit in the face with a few pieces while driving or riding with my daughter.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts