Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a big chunk of weight:grin2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
I have been looking at the same thing. From what I understand, with a glass hatch and lexan you drop about 40+ pounds.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive heard between 60 and 100

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
yeah but it's from the rear of the car not the front...

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
finally got the hatch mounted... hood has been mounted also...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
I have been looking at the same thing. From what I understand, with a glass hatch and lexan you drop about 40+ pounds.
ive heard between 60 and 100
I just weighed my Fiberglass rear hatch, bare, unpainted. It is 15 lbs. The piece of Plexiglass I am using is 11 lbs. The stock rear hatch minus the rear wing is 62 lbs. Total I am going to save about 30 or so lbs. No where near 60+ lbs. At some point I can probably save another 4 lbs if I went to a thinner piece of Lexan. But the weight loss is nowhere near what I had expected.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just weighed my Fiberglass rear hatch, bare, unpainted. It is 15 lbs. The piece of Plexiglass I am using is 11 lbs. The stock rear hatch minus the rear wing is 62 lbs. Total I am going to save about 30 or so lbs. No where near 60+ lbs. At some point I can probably save another 4 lbs if I went to a thinner piece of Lexan. But the weight loss is nowhere near what I had expected.
is the stock hatch with glass really only 62lbs? felt like it was 150lbs taking it of by myself. granted its kinda hard to move by yourself so that probably didnt help lol

SRT where did you buy the hood from? How well did it fit?
feather carbon, fit was fine

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
is the stock hatch with glass really only 62lbs? felt like it was 150lbs taking it of by myself. granted its kinda hard to move by yourself so that probably didnt help lol
I used my Longacre scales to weigh the stock rear hatch. The rear hatch had the spoiler removed, the wiring for the rear defroster and 3rd brake light. Also the rear lift struts and brackets were also removed. Lest I forget, the plastic interior trim was also gone. I know the rear struts and brackets weighed 2 lbs, I assume another lb or so from latch and wiring. I forget how much the stock Saleen Whale tail rear wing weighed, but I know the Scott Rod rear wing I installed weighs only 6 lbs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts