Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Formerly LocoGT
8,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be going on a test drive spree in the spring to see if anything excites me enough to sell my C6Z and/or my daily Mazdaspeed6.

Maybe I will sell both for 1 nice fast car that I can drive every day and then I'll just buy another cheap Miata to go with it. Then the budget for the new toy could go beyond $40k.

Any Z06 replacement would be under $40k. The Speed6 would sell for around $12k.

I work from home so I don't have to do much driving which is probably part of why I'm entertaining selling things. Another part is I'm a tad tired of manual trans 24/7 &, also, because I want to play with everything lol.

My short list to test drive so far:
300 SRT8 (Late model)
ND Miata
C7 Z51
CTS-V & ATS-V
Challenger & Charger SRT8
Cayman S & 996T
M3, M2, M4, 435i, F10 M5
Chevy SS
Focus RS
2016 Camaro SS
Jag F-Type Vert
IS-F & RC-F

I've driven Vs & M3s, but it has been years now. If I do end up buying something else, it would certainly have to be already modified.

Feel free to toss out some suggestions or whatever else you feel may help me.

·
Registered
10,009 Posts
CTS-V coupe would be at the top of my list with a '16 Chevy SS right behind it.

·
Formerly LocoGT
8,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CTS-V coupe would be at the top of my list with a '16 Chevy SS right behind it.
I would only be interested in the V sedan or wagon.
I'm going to drive an SS as well, but I feel like that would be a step down from the V. Maybe I'll fall in love w/the interior, though. The exterior of the SS is bland as hell. :(

Nothing I buy will be new, though. Used cars only & already having go fast mods done.

·
US Army Retired
5,312 Posts
Just agreeing that change is good and some of the old hotrod stuff just isn't what its cracked up to be.

Btw- having a family is my deal and I get to do what I want also. Just getting to old to physically fiddle around with cars.

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
I wonder how much my options would broaden if I leased a new car. I wouldn't want to put thousands down, though.
For someone who works from home, it would probably be a good choice. Keeps the ride fresh with something new every few years and you can keep the payment low because you probably don't put many miles on it throughout a year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts