Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A good friend on mine has a 5.7 from his '02 WS6 that he "hurt" at 10 psi.
Melted a #7 piston and scored the cylinder a little.

I can pick the motor up for cheap, and may be able to get by with just a hone on that cylinder and piston replacement so I am kind of just wondering what the best way to go about the swap would be.

It would be going in an '84 fox that is carb'ed with a 306 and T5 currently.

What all is involved? Tubular K, new MSD ignition, th400, motor and trans mounts, swap headers and exhaust, new intake for carb?

The car runs ok the way it is but I wouldn't mind getting the extra power, durability and weight savings of the aluminum 5.7 I just don't have a lot of extra time or funds to do it quickly. So I'm just looking for advice or any tricks to make the while process as smooth as possible or not do it at all if it will be to involved.

I'm really looking for the most economical and easiest way to do this swap without having a donor car.

Thanks, Paul

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the aluminum 5.7 ok to build or should I be looking for an LQ4 instead?

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
ah to expensive

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm doing a 5.3 swap in my 98 :) from what I hear, you can get pretty much everything needed that will bolt up/plug right in. Including a wiring harness that will plug into your car. If it were me, since you already have the engine out I'd go ahead and swap k's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts