Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has been running a little rough lately so I pulled the plugs yesterday. The car usually runs good above idle but the engine shakes real bad when idling. So When i pulled the plugs the drivers side bank was fine. On the pass side the #2 plug had the insulatr blisted and was alittle white, #3 looked like it was burning a little hot but not as bad as #2, and #4 was almost as bad as #2, slight blistering and white.

My question is do you think i shoud just change the plugs and see how it runs or should I invest in a better fuel pump(mine is stock nd has 77,000 miles on it) and possiblyan adjustable regulator. It just seems odd to me that only one side is messed up.

BTW i'm running autolite 764s with the mods in the sig, and the car hasn't been tuned yet, it will as soon as school lets out for the semester.

Bill

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Sounds like you may have a funky passenger side O2 sensor and it leaned out the plugs, when was the last time you changed the front two O2 sensors??? If it was your fuel pump it would more than likely affect both the right and left bank...DA Snake boy!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts